Chicken toys stimulate your pet pullet or cockerel. They provide entertainment to alleviate boredom as well as enrich your hen’s life with chicken coop toys.
Chickens are quite intelligent and love to play games. The toys they like fall into three main categories: food toys, bright toys, and perching toys.
- What You Get - 1PC Large Squeeze Rubber Chicken (15inches), 2PCS Medium Squeeze Rubber Chickens (12inches)
- Funny Style - All of our rubber chickens come with a funny looking, hilarious beak, unfit bowtie and exaggerated eye balls, most importantly, its squawk. All of these will relief your stress.
- Premium Quality - Our scream chicken is made of high-grade rubber, durable and reusable, painted with lead-free colors, 100% safe for children and pets.
- Perfect Design - You can make the chicken sound differently by squeezing different parts and at different speed. Detachable chicken head amkes you replace the shriek device inside easily. Durable design, for the long-term using.
- Widely Used - Our rubber chickens are perfect as party favors, rewards, prize. Suited for all age groups. Ideal gift for autism kids. Also can be used to release stress and anxiety, sensory toys, pet training and chewing toys.
- Design: Vehomy chicken mirrors toys were designed suspension hook and both side mirrors, make it easy to hang it in any chicken coop and cage.
- Size: the chicken toy is total 41cm/ 16.1inches long, suitable for all breeds and ages of chickens to use in the coop, also suitable for birds parrots.
- Materials: Vehomy Chicken mirror toys are made of natural wood and acrylic mirrors, non-toxic and harmless, safe for your pet birds to play and peck. The both sides mirros were covered by protective film, please peel off it before used the chicken mirror toy.
- Function: Chickens are inherently combative, especially for roosters. The mirror toy lets your rooster peck at himself in the mirror, makes him feel less lonely and reduce boring. The bells provide even more mental and physical stimulation.
- Package Including: 1 x chicken mirrors toy for Hens, 3 x hang decorations. Before used it, please hang the decorations onto the mirror toy.
- Delicate chicken toys set: the package contains 1 colorful wooden chicken xylophone toy, 2 wooden mirror toys with bells and 2 bird beak stones (you should note that the pendants on the stones are of random color), sufficient quantities to meet your pet's needs and make your chicken cages interesting
- Funny and practical design: the xylophone toy consists of 8 metal keys and contains a grindstone and chain for hanging, making pleasant sounds when your chicken pecks them; Chickens are inherently aggressive, and the mirror toys let the cock peck himself in the mirror, making it feel less lonely and reducing boredom; Chewing beaked terrazzo contains calcium, which is good for the health of pet hens during grinding
- Appropriate size: the length of the xylophone toy is approx. 9.4 x 4.7 x 1.2 inch, the chicken mirror is about 3.9 x 3.9 inch, and the parrot bite toy is approx. 3.9 inch in length, suitable for most varieties and ages of chickens, birds and parrots
- Quality material: the base of the chicken xylophone toy is made of wood, the keys are made of metal, the mirror is made of pine wood, and the grinding stone is made of calcium stone, which is reliable and durable, safe for your pet birds to play and peck
- Nice gifts: the nice combination of chicken toys are good gifts for your pets, which are always attracted by crisp sound and vibrant colors, providing chickens with a funny experience, helping them enhance sensory ability as well as getting rid of loneliness and boredom
Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Guide to buying toys for chickens
Chicken Entertainment: Bring on the Food Toys
Every chicken has a different personality, but all chickens love food.
Some of the most exciting games your chickens can play involve looking for food or getting food out of a difficult place.
An extremely popular chicken toy involves nothing more than a cabbage suspended from a rope.
You can find feeders that will let you hang vegetables away from dirt and hay. Experiment with squashes, lettuce, and other kinds of produce.
If you buy a suspension toy, look for something that is easy to refill, can hold an entire head of lettuce, and won’t break if subjected to pecking.
Another type of food toy is a ball meant to be filled with seeds. When pecked at, the ball rolls around and dispenses seeds from a small hole.
If you can’t find this type of toy meant specifically for chickens, try looking in the dog toy section. There are many heavy-duty treat dispensers meant for pups that will suit your chickens quite well.
Don’t forget to purchase multiple treat dispensers if you have more than a few chickens. You don’t want them to fight over just one.
Chicken Enrichment: Grab a Hen’s Attention with a Bright Toy
Like most birds, chickens are extremely drawn to shiny and reflective things.
Chickens also like things that jingle and move around. Look for key rings, pinwheels, and other sparkling and fun decorations.
Make sure all toys are safe to use. There should be no sharp edges or parts that can break off and be swallowed.
Children’s safety mirrors have glass that won’t break easily. Your chickens may enjoy looking at their reflection or pecking at the mirror.
Some chickens like brightly colored objects. Others like things that they can grab and move with their beaks. Balls, colored blocks, and small ropes may appeal to your chicken. Try baby toys that have been designed for safety.
Any toys intended for pet birds may be suitable for chickens. In particular, look for hanging mobiles or garlands of wooden blocks.
When shopping, look for toys that can’t be easily destroyed by pecking.
Chicken Activity Center: Perching Toys
A perch is something that your chickens can sit on. It raises them up and lets them look out across the yard.
Stumps, tires, sawhorses, and other sturdy objects make good perches and exist as good DIY chicken toys.
You can also buy a perch designed specifically for chickens. Look for something that can comfortably hold the weight of multiple chickens at once.
Many perches simulate a tree branch with a bar for your chickens to grab with their feet. Others offer a flat surface for chickens to stand on. Your chickens may prefer one perch over another.
A chicken swing is a popular type of perch. Some chickens love the gentle rocking movement of a swing. If your chickens have never used a swing before, you may need to help them become comfortable with it.
If you buy a chicken swing, make sure you hang it from a stable place. Check the ropes frequently for signs of fraying.