A good duck feeder and waterer will keep your duckling’s feed and water contained. It does not matter if you use a floating duck feeder on the pond or automatic duck feeder on land.
Many young, baby ducks have a tendency to kick over their food and water, which makes everything wet and dirty. This typically happens when using some type of bowl design.
Here are three good duck feeders available on Amazon.
- NO WASTE DUCK FEEDER: Our poultry coop accessories save time and money feeding your ducks. Innovative designs for reduced wastage and clean coops. The large PVC pipe lets you refill less often, and the feeder only lets through what your ducks need.
- RODENT PROOF DUCK FEEDER: Feed only your poultry and ducks, not the wild sparrows, squirrels or rodents. With this gravity-fed dispenser design, as well as the rain cover for weather protection, you will be sure that the only animals you are feeding are your own.
- EASY TO USE: This hanging duck feeder is easy to fill. Just take the lid off and pour in chicken grit or other chicken feed. Easy to clean, just unclip and wash with soapy water under the faucet.
- EASY TO INSTALL: Hook straight onto mesh coop wire or mount to a wall with 4 wall brackets included. UV stable in the summer. Australian-made quality product made of durable PVC plastic. Install at a lower height for baby ducklings. Grows with your flock. Start as a duckling feeder and just move to a higher point as they grow.
- PERFECT SIZE: The 7 lb duck feeder is suitable for 4-6 ducks, depending on how often you refill them. Less mess, less fuss and happier ducks, always fed and clean. Also suitable for turkeys, quails, geese, rabbits and ferrets.
- [DURABLE, DETACHABLE] Chicken feeder is made of sturdy and durable PP material, which is thick, durable, and is not easy to be damaged by little stealer. It can be long-lasting use for years. Chicken feeder port has extended covers to keep the rain out and keep feed dry and fresh. Each feeding port can be covered with a non-slip stopper to keep birds, squirrels and other small animals out. Curved back design avoids accumulation and food flows smoothly. Gravity filling make food always available!
- [CHICKEN FEEDERS NO WASTE] Compared to traditional chicken feeders, large chicken feeder makes feeding chickens easier. It allows you to store more food, so you don’t need to feed daily. You just need to fill it up when food get less. Chicken feeder port extends downward 0.79”, which can effectively block food spillage and minimize feed waste. It is a terrific and affordable way to make a clean large chicken feeder that keeps poop away from food and you can enjoy your vacation without worry.
- [AUTOMATIC CHICKEN FEEDER] DIY chicken feeder kit comes with 4 poultry feed ports, 4 rubber seals, 4 bushings, 4 stoppers and 1 hole saw. You only need to prepare a drill and a container, sharpness of hole saw will quickly help you make chicken feeder to any bucket. Pleasing look of bushing with exclusive animal logo makes feeding more enjoyable. The stoppers are benefit for chicks to limit food consumption. More important, it is fit for large poultry, like chicken, rooster, duck or goose.
- [TURN CONTAINER INTO FEEDER] Chicken feeder fits any container such as buckets, barrels, bins, troughs, etc. It is super easy to install, you just need a spare container to make an automatic chicken feeder with ease to keep feed available at all times. Get the most out of containers you have and get more chicken feeder port for less money. Even a litter box can work. It provides a simple and inexpensive way to feed all poultry and actions as a lifesaver to keep feed in and not scattered about.
- [DIY CHICKEN FEEDER] Chicken feeder is suitable for any container of round, square, rectangular shape. If you want to install 4 ports at the same time, you have to make sure the inner diameter of bucket is ≥ 10.5". As for installing 2 ports at the same time, inner diameter of the bucket should ≥ 8.3". Less mess for your poultry coop! Enjoy the fun of feeding poultry. It also save your feeding cost and time. If you have any questions about our chicken feeders, you can contact us to solve.
- PROGRAMMABLE DIGITAL TIMER: Programmable digital timer allows up to 6 feed times per day, the each feed time can also be set from 1 to 60 seconds. Control how much feed you want to cast and when you want to cast it, save your time and energy. The radius of throw range is about 5ft to 6.5ft (about 1.5m to 2m)
- MATERIAL: Spin plate is designed with galvanized steel plate, anti-rust and corrosion, strong weather resistance. Flame retardant material and ABS plastic housing, no fire hazard. We also provide additional studs (length 8mm), so you can easily adjust the height of feeder
- TWO POWER SUPPLY MODES: You can choose to power your feeder with a 12-volt solar panel (not included) or use 4*2AA betteries (not included), ultra-low power consumption, longer service life. There is also a low battery indicator on the screen, so you can change the battery in time to prevent the feeder from failing
- EASY TO VIEW AND USE: The LED screen is designed on the front of the kit, with a clock function, make it easier for you to view and set. It is engraved with operatation instructions on the product for easy operation even if there is no user guide
- WIDE APPLICATION: Chicken feeder timer kit is silent, will not affect your chicks approach and food feed. It fits most any chicken feed container, and can also be used for feeding fish, ducks, birds, etc
Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Guide to Buying a Duck Feeder
The number of ducks you own should be parallel to the size of the feeder that you would want to purchase.
Therefore, the number of ducks to feed, the wider and the longer the feeder should be. An example of a duck feeder that can feed a huge part of a flock of ducks is the Plastic Flip Top Poultry Feeder. It can be purchased off of Amazon and can feed up-to 16 ducklings at once.
- HOLES FOR FEEDING - This feeder tray features 28 feeding holes (14 on each side) that allow feeding at a controlled rate.
- PROTECT YOUR FEED - The covered top helps preserve your chicken food and keeps debris out of the feed.
- MINIMIZE WASTE - The plastic poultry feeder has individual feeding holes that minimize waste from spillage.
- EASY TO CLEAN - The durable feeder's top slides off for easy filling and cleaning, allowing for stress-free use.
- HIGHLY DURABLE - The feed tray is made of high-density polypropylene plastic allowing for years of service.
Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Easy to clean
As a poultry farmer, one of the most challenging bits of keeping ducks is maintaining farming equipment inclusive of feeders.
Therefore, one would be keen to obtain a feeder that is easy to clean since it shall be undertaken on a routine basis.
To achieve this guideline, one ought to be on the lookout for a poultry feeder that has a curvy base as opposed to a sharp edge base where stubborn bits of a ducks’ feed lingers.
All weather feeder
Sustainability is always a preceding factor while purchasing a duck feeder.
Refrain from picking feeders made out of weary tin material as it’s easily exposed to rust.
Rusting in metal degrades the quality of the metal as well as the durability of the feeder in entirety. Acquire a feeder that is value for your money.
Since the duck feeder shall be placed outdoors for the majority of the time, or out of the equipment store, be well aware of rodents.
To safeguard the duck feeders from rodents, pick out a feeder that features stands at its base such that it shall be raised from the ground. Moreover, feeder containers made out of skiddy materials such as galvanized steel or compacted polyvinyl chloride plastic (PVC duck feeder) are known to discourage rodents from nibbling on the duck feeder.
An ideal purchased duck feeder ought to be multi-purpose. Therefore, while looking to buy one, prioritize a multifaceted kind of a feeder.
Most chicken feeders are troublesome for feeding ducks. If you keep a mixed breed of poultry, choose a duck feeder whose features can also work well to feed other birds. The most recommended multipurpose feeder is the bin feeder that can be easily accessed from farming stores or by making it yourself.
How much duck feed does it hold?
While choosing a duck feeder for purchase, ensure that its design is not wasteful in functionality. Such a feeder should have the capacity to utilize the bottom third of the feeding container to the absolute maximum.
A duck feeder measuring at 50 litres should be able to hold approximately 10 Kgs worth of feed without any spilling or loss.
The feeder’s design should also allow portion control. A duck can rake through on what it desires on feeding on and the rest of the feed remains intact for the next duck or for another time scheduled for feeding.
Can be used for any feed
A duck’s feed comes in different forms. Some of them are in the form of pellets, grains, seethed soaked feed and garden or kitchen waste or surplus.
Duck feeders should be able to accommodate all forms of feeds without having to be modified in shape or size. While seeking to secure a duck feeder, it is advisable to pick one with a broad flat base that can easily hold all manner of feeds.
Clog free automatic duck feeders
A huge issue with a variety of duck feeders is that they get clogged up when exposed to wet weather or damp circumstances.
Famous duck feeders that are often casualties of clogs are those that feature gravity chute chambers or those that involve tunnels as the feed chambers.
High incidences of clogged feeders lower the value of your feeder. In addition to that, when clogs are not sanitary sorted out, ducks’ health can be affected.
Duck feeder design: Multi-access points
Variety of stylish and updated makes of duck feeders have a single access point. Such a feature is not ideal especially for a poultry farmer keeping enormous flocks of ducks. Single access point feeders are known to encourage hostility and cannibalism among ducks all which can render the farmer go at a loss.
For purposes of effectiveness and work-ability, choose a duck feeder with several access points proportional to the size of the entire feeder.
A fair number of access points would be 5 access points for a feeder measuring at forty-five centimeters at the base and about twenty three centimeters from the edge to the midpoint.
Open to alterations
It is advisable to keep note that one may not always find the duck feeder that checks out ones’ entire list. However, that bit should not hinder one from obtaining a feeder that ticks out the essential part of ones’ list.
One should pick out a feeder that can be easily adjusted and get aligned with all the specifications that one wanted to be met. An adjustable kind of a feeder should still maintain its functionality and durability properties.
Homemade duck feeder
A DIY duck feeder may be the route you take. Below is a video of one: