I had a formal function not too long ago and needed a new belt. Although I have bought from the Tommy Hilfinger line in the past, I thought I would look into the best name brand belts from other manufacturers.
Companies in the list range from luxury designer belts such as Gucci to more budget-friendly belts. This should provide a starting point for your research.
- Mens leather belt made with 100% genuine leather with single loop antique finish buckle
- Perfect mens casual belt that will soon become your favorite go to everyday leather belt
- The perfect mens belt for jeans that can also convert into a mens dress belt and work belt
- Sizing: 1. 25" Wide, Order 1 size larger than your pant size for the best fit
- Timberland makes heavy duty leather belts for men that are designed to look great and last long
- QUALITY NYLON BELT: One purchase for 8 pack nylon belts. Premium nylon webbing, lightweight, soft, flexible, sturdy and durable, sweat absorption and dry fast. Suitable for daily wearing with all pants, and outdoor heavy duty work or sports.
- NON-METAL BELT: Well-designed nylon web belt with YKK plastic buckle. Travel-friendly Non-Metal construction, Nickel Free, Non-Allergic. Allow you to be able to go through a metal detector or airport security without having to take it off.
- MILITARY TACTICAL BELT: Strong enough to withstand 500Kg weight no deformation. Ideal for police, firefighters, CCW, security guards, electricians and utility workers in need of a great duty belt to carry tools or weapons. Also great for paintball and airsoft gear!
- ADJUSTABLE WEBBING BELT: 100% Nylon web belt,Width:1.5”(3.8cm), Length:47”(120cm). Holeless design belt and removable buckles allow you to trim the extra length if it is too large for you. Perfect custom belt for your family.
- NICE GIFT BELT: This unisex nylon web belt is a good gift for your friend and relatives in Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day.
- CASUAL TIMELESS DESIGN: Adding a touch of style to your jeans or khakis is now a no-brainer. The belt strap features two rows of stitches on edges, a matte finish harness buckle and a pointed tip that finish off the classic silhouette of the belt.
- 100% LEATHER: Crafted from genuine leather, this high-quality belt provides you a nice and clean look to complement any outfit. The sleek and smooth leather strap is perfect to finish off any outfit.
- DICKIES QUALITY: At Dickies, we take pride in designing belts that are made for your everyday life. From work to family time, we craft sturdy, yet fashionable belts that you can wear anytime and anywhere.
- SIZING: Regular and Big & Tall sizes available. Fits from size 30" to 56". For best fit, order a size 2" larger than your waist size. For example, if your waist size is 34", order belt size 36".
- 👉【2022 New cinturones de hombr】-Our metal duty buckle has anti-rust, anti-corrosion, anti-scratch function. Compare with the leather belt, the No-hole nylon belt will not aging/break after long time use, and we've designed a hide-able belt tail style, so you don't have to worry about edc belt controlling excess waistbands anymore.
- 👉【Easy to Use-Not Too tight Not Too Loose】-Automatic Adjustable Belt Quick Lock and Quick Release. If only one tab is engaged, the connection will continue to hold and close completely. Once the tongue's tight, it won't slip, and stays in place until it's unlocked. Also this elastic belt opens easily by just pressing the black tab and can adjust the best feel you like!
- 👉【Unique Innovation】-This is a new combination of nylon webbing belt and automatic slide ratchet buckle. Our belts for men buckle is made by zinc alloy, which make the buckle be unbreakable. Our gun belts for men concealed carry thickness is 0.14" which are thicker than the normal mens web belts.
- 👉【Versatility】-Nylon sliding belt is not only a stylish mesh belt, the design of automatic buckle belt can also be used for jeans, casual pants, suit trouse, work pants, thick belt make it can as a tactical belt!
- 👉【Ideal Gift and Perfect Warranty】-The canvas belt definitely a perfect gift choice for men, women, boys and girls for Birthday, Valentine's Day, Father's Day, Christmas and New Year. The ratchet web belt have one years gurantee, if there are any problem please contact us and we will help you solve it within 24H.
- Always Fit - This woven stretch braided belt enable the buckle lock in any position of the strip, thus get the perfect tightness and exact fit on your waist,Width-1 3/8"
- Comfortable -The material of elastic fabric provides a smooth and limitless adjustment for the perfect tightness on your waist, you feel not only holding up the pant, but also embraced by the arms;
- Stylish - Mutilcolors, matching with muticolors of strips, very stylish to match your jeans, streetwears or golf wears Etc.
- Light Weight - Can't feel it but always hold your pants, just right for any kind of activities like golf, fishing or skating Etc.
- Gift Box Packing - Make a big impression! Enclosed in a lovely, attractive gift box.
Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
59 belt brand names on the market
- Allen Edmonds
- Armani Collezioni
- Calvin Klein
- Club Room
- Cole Haan
- Dolce & Gabbana
- Geoffrey Beene
- Hugo Boss
- INC International Concepts
- Kenneth Cole
- Louis Vuitton
- Michael Kors
- Perry Ellis
- Polo Ralph Lauren
- rag & bone
- Ralph Lauren
- Ryan Seacrest Distinction
- Salvatore Ferragamo
- Stefano Ricci
- Steve Madden
- Style & Co.
- Tasso Elba
- The North Face
- Tommy Bahama
- Tommy Hilfiger
- True Religion
- U.S. Polo Assn.
- Ulla Popken
- Under Armour
- Vince Camuto
Note: The list is not comprehensive. There may be more manufacturers out there. These are ones I have found.
How to choose the right belt for the occasion
The most important guideline when choosing a belt for a particular occasion is to match your belt’s thickness with the formality of the function. Generally, belts thicker than 1.25 inches are considered casual belts and belts narrower than 1.25 inches are considered formal.
Thus, if you are attending a wedding and wearing a suit or a nice pair of chinos, a narrow belt from 1 to 1.25 inches wide is in order. If you are repairing your garage door or attending a barbecue in khakis or light blue jeans, a thick belt better suits the occasion.
Choosing the right color belt
An extremely basic rule of men’s fashion is that in any outfit, the color of the belt should match the color of the shoes. While there are notable exceptions to this rule (white shoes tend to go best with black belts), it is as close to a concrete mandate as exists in fashion.
Owning several different belts that match the colors of your various pairs of shoes will make following this rule much easier. If you have a limited budget, begin by purchasing a black belt and a brown belt — most men own black dress shoes or boots, and brown belts can easily be worn with sneakers or brown dress shoes.
Choosing the right belt material
This guideline is less essential than the first two, but matching your belt material to your shoe material can tie an outfit together very effectively. The majority of traditional belts are either made of canvas, leather, or suede leather. Canvas shoes like Vans call for a canvas belt, whereas leather loafers work best with a leather belt.
These categories of belt material are fairly broad, and adherence to subcategory choices can elevate the outfit to an even higher place. For example, shiny black dress shoes will look good with a dull black leather belt, but they’ll look great with a shiny leather belt.
An especially fancy occasion might call for a more expensive belt material. Most classic belt styles, including the three detailed above, are manufactured from treated calfskin. Belts made from ostrich skin, lizard skin, or even crocodile and alligator skin will cost significantly more to acquire, but their uniqueness is sure to make a lasting impression on coworkers and acquaintances.
Beyond casual and dress belts
Although most belts fall into the binary groupings of casual and dress, there are certain types of belts that do not fit neatly into these categories. Men with sophisticated wardrobes would be remiss to ignore these rarer but still stylish accessories.
Suede woven belts are certainly a niche accessory, but they work very well when matched with light semi-formal pants and boat shoes. Summer vacations, boating trips or golf outings are all perfect chances to break out this specific style of belt.
Most belts are solidly colored, but multi-colored belts should have a place in any closet. Casual multi-colored belts are extremely popular in Central and South America, and they are capable of injecting a spark of color into a collection of clothes that centers around black, grey and other muted shades. These belts are not appropriate for formal settings, but can be very effective as part of a casual ensemble.
Belts with oversized or personalized buckles are another interesting case — they are unsuitable for job interviews, weddings and funerals, but they are one of the most effective ways to convey your personality through an accessory. Buckles with designer logos on them are an excellent way to show brand loyalty, and novelty buckles are the best way to show that you love AC/DC!
Endless factors to consider
After mastering the basics of belt choice, a discerning fashionista or fashionisto still has several choices to make.
Buckles: Belt buckles are made in silver, gold, copper and even rope, and they can be painted several different colors.
Length: Even belt length can be used as a fashion statement: having extra length on the belt is popular in many casual vacation styles.
Cost: Whether you are buying one of the most expensive designer belts or a discount retail store special, cost does play an integral part.