I had a formal function not too long ago and needed a new belt. Although I have bought from the Tommy Hilfinger line in the past, I thought I would look into the best name brand belts from other manufacturers.
Companies in the list range from luxury designer belts such as Gucci to more budget-friendly belts. This should provide a starting point for your research.
- The Steve Madden's men's casual dress belt is the ideal belt to transition your outfit from casual daywear to work wear or dressy occasion.
- Perfect men's casual dress belt that will soon become your favorite go-to everyday belt.
- The perfect men's belt for jeans that can also convert into a men's dress belt and work belt.
- Madden makes fashionable and functional belts for men that are designed to look great and last long.
- We stand by our product and believe you will too. Our Madden Men's bonded reversible leather belt is the best belt for all occasions and combines practicality and fashion.
- Gift for Men-Automatic Ratchet Buckle Web Belt - The automatic buckle belt is new design, First time we use the nylon webbing attache to a ratchet buckle. Just slide the belt into the buckle and pull the belt through, the buckle simply auto locks the belt.It’s simple, but smooth and sleek!
- No Holes Full Adjustable Thick Belt - Total length 45 inch, width 1.25", thickness 3.3mm, thicker than normal webbing belt. Suit for waist sizes up to 32” - 38". We don’t suggest you cut the belt to a shorter length, please choose a right size.
- Easy Belt Tail Design and Outstanding Automatic Belt - For this nylon belt , we design a hide-able belt tail style, you won’t be wondering with how to control the extra belt tail any more. Compare with the leather belt, the nylon belt won’t be cracked and aged after long times using.
- Full Occasions Support - The nylon belt is not only a fashion web belt, it’s also a perfect everyday belt. It’s multiple used for outdoor activities such as camping, hiking, cycling, fishing, climbing, traveling, field training etc. The automatic belt was elegantly designed for jeans, casual pants, suit trouser and of course for a professional look even you’ve a business meeting.
- Warranty Support - If you have any problem of these mens belt, please feel free to contact us. We promise to provide you satisfaction guarantee.
- CASUAL STYLE: The military belt is a timeless classic that every guy should have in his closet. It's the type of accessory that you can rely on for any casual occasion. From camping to relaxing, you're going to love your new favorite fabric belt
- SIMPLE SIZING: Whether it's for boys or men, our military web belts come in one size that fits all. The strap width is 1 1/2", so it can easily pass through your pant loops. Adjust your belt easily by just sliding the strap through the buckle to fasten
- COLUMBIA QUALITY: Columbia is a trusted and recognized American brand. Our products are made to fit your day to day activities, but also when you grab your bag to go on an adventure. When buying a Columbia product, you know that you are buying quality
- FABRIC SILHOUETTE: Because you can't wear a leather belt every day, this fabric belt is a great alternative. It is perfect for outdoor activites or just hanging around the house. The 100% cotton strap is both comfortable and on-trend
- QUALITY NYLON BELT: One purchase for 8 pack nylon belts. Premium nylon webbing, lightweight, soft, flexible, sturdy and durable, sweat absorption and dry fast. Suitable for daily wearing with all pants, and outdoor heavy duty work or sports.
- NON-METAL BELT: Well-designed nylon web belt with YKK plastic buckle. Travel-friendly Non-Metal construction, Nickel Free, Non-Allergic. Allow you to be able to go through a metal detector or airport security without having to take it off.
- MILITARY TACTICAL BELT: Strong enough to withstand 500Kg weight no deformation. Ideal for police, firefighters, CCW, security guards, electricians and utility workers in need of a great duty belt to carry tools or weapons. Also great for paintball and airsoft gear!
- ADJUSTABLE WEBBING BELT: 100% Nylon web belt,Width:1.5”(3.8cm), Length:47”(120cm). Holeless design belt and removable buckles allow you to trim the extra length if it is too large for you. Perfect custom belt for your family.
- NICE GIFT BELT: This unisex nylon web belt is a good gift for your friend and relatives in Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day.
- REVERSIBLE CONSTRUCTION: The reversible design has a rotative square buckle with an engraved Levi's logo that you can reverse with ease. Simply pull up the buckle at the hinge while rotating it and put it back in place to use your belt one way or another.
- STYLE: This 2-in-1 versatile belt from Levi's offers up double the styling options while buying just one belt. The casual design of this stitched belt is perfect to be paired your favorite pair of khakis or jeans. The width of this strap is 1.6"
- SIMPLE SIZING: For best fit, order a size 2" larger than your waist size. If your waist size is 34", order belt size 36". Alpha size info: Small (30"- 32"), Medium (34"- 36"), Large (38"- 40"), Extra Large (42"- 44")
- LEVI'S QUALITY: Levi’s first started making jeans back in 1853, and slowly but surely started to craft men’s accessories to pair with our Levi’s apparel. This belt is your new, high quality essential to complete your Levi's look
- CONSISTENT COMFORT: Our Levi's belts are made with comfort as a priority. For long work days, it is essential to feel comfortable in your clothing, especially in the waist area. This belt has flexibility that will keep you working hard all day
Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
59 belt brand names on the market
- Allen Edmonds
- Armani Collezioni
- Calvin Klein
- Club Room
- Cole Haan
- Dolce & Gabbana
- Geoffrey Beene
- Hugo Boss
- INC International Concepts
- Kenneth Cole
- Louis Vuitton
- Michael Kors
- Perry Ellis
- Polo Ralph Lauren
- rag & bone
- Ralph Lauren
- Ryan Seacrest Distinction
- Salvatore Ferragamo
- Stefano Ricci
- Steve Madden
- Style & Co.
- Tasso Elba
- The North Face
- Tommy Bahama
- Tommy Hilfiger
- True Religion
- U.S. Polo Assn.
- Ulla Popken
- Under Armour
- Vince Camuto
Note: The list is not comprehensive. There may be more manufacturers out there. These are ones I have found.
How to choose the right belt for the occasion
The most important guideline when choosing a belt for a particular occasion is to match your belt’s thickness with the formality of the function. Generally, belts thicker than 1.25 inches are considered casual belts and belts narrower than 1.25 inches are considered formal.
Thus, if you are attending a wedding and wearing a suit or a nice pair of chinos, a narrow belt from 1 to 1.25 inches wide is in order. If you are repairing your garage door or attending a barbecue in khakis or light blue jeans, a thick belt better suits the occasion.
Choosing the right color belt
An extremely basic rule of men’s fashion is that in any outfit, the color of the belt should match the color of the shoes. While there are notable exceptions to this rule (white shoes tend to go best with black belts), it is as close to a concrete mandate as exists in fashion.
Owning several different belts that match the colors of your various pairs of shoes will make following this rule much easier. If you have a limited budget, begin by purchasing a black belt and a brown belt — most men own black dress shoes or boots, and brown belts can easily be worn with sneakers or brown dress shoes.
Choosing the right belt material
This guideline is less essential than the first two, but matching your belt material to your shoe material can tie an outfit together very effectively. The majority of traditional belts are either made of canvas, leather, or suede leather. Canvas shoes like Vans call for a canvas belt, whereas leather loafers work best with a leather belt.
These categories of belt material are fairly broad, and adherence to subcategory choices can elevate the outfit to an even higher place. For example, shiny black dress shoes will look good with a dull black leather belt, but they’ll look great with a shiny leather belt.
An especially fancy occasion might call for a more expensive belt material. Most classic belt styles, including the three detailed above, are manufactured from treated calfskin. Belts made from ostrich skin, lizard skin, or even crocodile and alligator skin will cost significantly more to acquire, but their uniqueness is sure to make a lasting impression on coworkers and acquaintances.
Beyond casual and dress belts
Although most belts fall into the binary groupings of casual and dress, there are certain types of belts that do not fit neatly into these categories. Men with sophisticated wardrobes would be remiss to ignore these rarer but still stylish accessories.
Suede woven belts are certainly a niche accessory, but they work very well when matched with light semi-formal pants and boat shoes. Summer vacations, boating trips or golf outings are all perfect chances to break out this specific style of belt.
Most belts are solidly colored, but multi-colored belts should have a place in any closet. Casual multi-colored belts are extremely popular in Central and South America, and they are capable of injecting a spark of color into a collection of clothes that centers around black, grey and other muted shades. These belts are not appropriate for formal settings, but can be very effective as part of a casual ensemble.
Belts with oversized or personalized buckles are another interesting case — they are unsuitable for job interviews, weddings and funerals, but they are one of the most effective ways to convey your personality through an accessory. Buckles with designer logos on them are an excellent way to show brand loyalty, and novelty buckles are the best way to show that you love AC/DC!
Endless factors to consider
After mastering the basics of belt choice, a discerning fashionista or fashionisto still has several choices to make.
Buckles: Belt buckles are made in silver, gold, copper and even rope, and they can be painted several different colors.
Length: Even belt length can be used as a fashion statement: having extra length on the belt is popular in many casual vacation styles.
Cost: Whether you are buying one of the most expensive designer belts or a discount retail store special, cost does play an integral part.