The best fire extinguisher for UTVs is a necessary precaution. Nobody wants their off road side by side or RZR to go up in flames during a camping, hunting, or off-road trip in rough terrain.
A good fire extinguisher in your UTV will mount securely and will not rattle. It is also important that it has a quick release mount.
Top rated UTV fire extinguishers
- 【EASY TO USE】-Ougist kitchen fire extinguishers is based on a non-toxic and biodegradable formula, no need to worry about leaving residue or causing a mess. It will not cause irritation to you or the surrounding environment
- 【SECURITY EXPERTS AROUND YOU】-Are you worried about the threat of fire to your family and property? Ougsit home fire extinguisher provides you with a precise fire extinguishing solution, and it can be quickly applied after a dangerous situation to escort your safety
- 【SMALL FIRE EXTINGUISHER】- Mini fire extinguishers have a height of 11.7 inches / 30cm, a width of 3.3 inches / 8.4cm, and the spraying distance can reach 13 feet and compact packaging can be stored in the car or anywhere in your home, at any time to provide you with safety
- 【PROVIDE MULTI-SCENARIO USE】-The fire extinguisher is suitable for extinguishing solid material fires, combustible liquid fires, electrically charged material fires, cooking oil fires, and other A, B, C, and K type small fire incidents and stop them before they become a bigger disaster
- 【EXCELLENT AFTER-SALES SUPPORT】- With a 5-year warranty and a Top-notch customer service team, we provide Excellent after-sales support. If you encounter any issues with our fire extinguisher, such as leakage or inability to return the product, simply contact us and we will promptly resolve your concerns. Your satisfaction and safety are our top priorities. Please be aware that the production date (MFG: XX-XX-XXXX) is printed on the bottom of the bottle for your reference.
- Durable metal head designed to meet demanding needs.
- Corrosion resistant metal gauge easy-to-read color coded gauge provides accurate measurement.
- Metal pull pin with safety seal to help prevent accidental discharge and discourage tampering.
- Secure extinguisher mount, bracket and strap are included for secure placement of extinguisher.
- Easy instructions with a chemical resistant and water proof label with 4-step instructions wont deteriorate.
- The World's Number One Car Fire Extinguisher Bracket! - Adjustable-width design that either clamps onto the seat rails or bolts onto seat mount points
- Compatible with the cradles supplied with H3R HG250, Amerex B417T or B385TS, Kidde 408-466727, FA110 or FA5G, or any 2 - 2.5lbs extinguishers with a supplied cradle with hole spacing of 4-¼”, 4-⅝” or 5” (108mm, 117mm or 127mm) center to center.
- Easy installation in around 15 minutes without drilling holes that places extinguisher out of the way, but within easy reach
- Constructed from high strength A572 high grade 50 steel with durable finish and supplied with stainless steel bolts and Allen Keys
- 【Quick Release】The Quick Release Universal Roll Bar Fire Extinguisher Mount Holder are easy to operate. It's easy and quick to release fire extinguisher, just pull the red pin and then it slide it down.
- 【Universal Fitment】Vehicle Fire Extinguisher Bracket Fit for Wrangler JK JKU 2007 to 2018, JL JLU 2018, LJ 2004 to 2006, TJ 1996 to 2006, YJ 1987 to 1995 ▶ Also fit for UTVs such as Honda, Yamaha, Polaris, Kawasaki, Can Am, Kymco, Arctic Cat and Bobcat
- 【Easy Installation】Attach the UTV fire extinguisher mount to the roll bar with the hose clamp, 2 holes for a flat mounting surface if desired. Or Attach the UTV fire extinguisher mount to any flat surface with screws. Goldfire's universal Fire Extinguisher Mount utilizes a quick release knob set-up that make sure that you are prepared for the task at hand!
- 【Quality Material】The Goldfire UTV Fire Extinguisher Holder is made of premium and sturdy aluminum, instead of tear-apart-easily cloth. Come with instruction
- 【Package Included】1 Fire Extinguisher Mount (base and separable holder) and 4x straps (two for holding bottle/fire extinguisher and the rest for mounting the device onto your roll bar)
- Use to fight basic fires common to the home involving trash, wood, paper (Class A), flammable liquids and gases (Class B), and electrical equipment (Class C)
- Tough, aluminum valve assembly & easy to pull safety pin
- Lightweight aluminum cylinder with durable, all metal construction
- Easy to read pressure gauge tells you when the fire extinguisher is charged & ready for use
- Rust and impact resistant painted steel handle
- Be Prepared for Emergencies: Having a Mini Fire Extinguisher with Mount gives you and your loved ones peace of mind knowing that you are prepared to handle small fires and prevent them from becoming major disasters. Safeguard your home or workplace with our reliable fire extinguisher - an home essential tool for every safety kit
- Versatile and Effective: Our fire extinguisher is suitable for tackling fires caused by flammable liquids, electrical equipment, and ordinary combustibles. With a powerful spray range of up to 13 feet, this house fire extinguisher quickly stop fires as well as re-ignition without leaving any residue or making a mess
- Easy to Use and Install: With a simple pull of the safety pin and a quick press of the handle, our fire extinguisher can help you extinguish small fire before it becomes a major catastrophe! The included mount can be attached to any flat surface, so you can keep the extinguisher within reach at all times
- Environmentally Friendly: Our fire extinguisher uses an eco-friendly foam that is non-toxic and safe for use around people, pets and plants, no need to worry about leaving residue or causing a mess
- Compact and Portable: Our mini fire extinguishers have a height of 11.7 inches, a width of 3.3 inches, compact enough to fit in any corner or can be easily carried in your car or RV for peace of mind on the go. Easy to store, making it an home essential tool for emergencies
- Harness gives you Ultra Quick Access if you ever need it: Not only is it annoying to have your fire extinguisher for Jeep Wrangler or Gladiator rolling around on the floor under the seats, but if you do need to use it at some point, reaching it is going to be critical. Our for Jeep fire extinguisher holder is a premium quality adjustable harness that lets you mount any standard size 2.5 lb extinguisher (not included) for easy access if an emergency situation happens when you're on the trail.
- Lighting Fast, No Tool Installation: Fits a standard size 2.5 lb extinguisher you can buy almost anywhere for a compatible with Jeep Wrangler fire extinguisher combo, Lets you install an extinguisher (extinguisher not included) onto a Wrangler roll cage with no tools or holes to drill; Made from a top of the line polyester oxford fabric. Weather and UV resistant; Heavy duty Stainless steel buckles and (3) adjustable straps make sure your Wrangler jk fire extinguisher mount stays secure.
- Safety and Cool Looks for your Jeep: You can put this for jeep jk fire extinguisher holder mount wherever you want on your Jeep Wrangler roll bar or roll cage; The flexible fire extinguisher bracket fits popular Kiddie FA110 extinguishers; Important: A fire extinguisher is not included with your order.
- Perfect Fit For Jeep Wrangler: Compatible with Jeep extinguisher mount this adjustable for jeep fire extinguisher bracket fits 1965-2022 TJ, JK, JKU, JL Rubicon, Sport, Gladiator, and more; Note: the wrangler fire extinguisher mount is sized specifically to be compatible with Jeep roll bar and automotive sized roll bars, Not compatible with RZR or other UTV roll cages
- We Love American Powersports: At Badass Moto, we create premium gear and accessories for powersports enthusiasts; You'll be able to tell right away that we're the real deal – we put the time, care, and craftsmanship into all of our products that set the quality apart from other brands. If you aren’t satisfied with your fire extinguisher mount, simply reach out to us directly, and we will make it right.
- Durable Material: The fire extinguisher bracket is made of aluminum alloy, prevent from corrosion and rust, with good pressure and fire-proof. It is durable and sturdy than easy-to-tear cloth and plastic, with a longer service life.
- Quick Release: Pull out the knob horizontally, and then hold the fire extinguisher with the other hand, and take it out vertically. Only takes less than 5 seconds to release the fire extinguisher simply and quickly in emergency for fire fighting.
- Compatibility: The fire extinguisher bracket is compatible with Jeep Wrangler JK JKU 2007-2018, JL JLU 2018-2019, YJ 1987-1995, TJ 1996-2006; Polaris RangerXP 1000; Honda Talon 1000R; Bobcat etc. Also compatible with Polaris RZR Pro XP 2020, Yamaha, Arctic Cat etc. Fit for most off-road vehicles, rock climbing vehicles and motorcycle for fixing fire extinguisher in safety.
- What You Will Receive: Including 1 x base, 1 x bracket, 1 x telescopic knob and 8 x circle clamps. ( Include 4 x different size)
- Easy to Install: Firstly, you need to use two clamps to fix the base on the vehicle roller rod. Secondly, use extra two roll rings to fix the fire extinguisher on the bracket. Finally, insert the opening at the bottom of the bracket into the base.(The circle ring clamps can be adjusted as needing)
- COMPATIBILITY - This Roll Bar Fire Extinguisher Holder replacement for Jeep Wrangler JL YJ TJ JK CJ JKU JLU & Gladiator JT, Sports, Sahara, Freedom, Rubicon Unlimited, etc. Also compatible with All Polaris Ranger RZR General RS1, Can Am Maverick X3 Commander 2 & 4 seat models, Honda Pioneer 700 & 1000 models & more.
- HIGH QUALITY & SECURITY - The Fire Extinguisher Mount is made of high quality oxford cloth and nonslip leatheret, which provides safety, softness, durability and light weight. Using this fire extinguisher bracket can solve the problem that the fire extinguisher is nowhere to be placed and always slides in the car, making it safer and more convenient.
- PROFESSIONAL DESIGN - Full Cover and 3 Straps Reinforce. Fire Extinguisher Holder using full cloth cover roll bar, with 3 nylon straps, the bottom cable tie prevents the fire extinguisher from falling, stronger and better grip while going off-road. For standard 2.5-3 Lb or other similar size fire extinguishers. Very versatile and can mount anywhere you want.
- EASY INSTALLATION - No tools required. which can be installed quickly and can be easily accessed when you really need it. This Roll Bar Fire Extinguisher Holder will match your car with look, feel and quality.
- 24-MONTH WARRANTY - Order from SKARUMMER, we offer 24 month warranty. If you have any other questions on our Roll Bar Fire Extinguisher Holder, please contact us at the first time, We are always here to support you. You can buy it with confidence.
- Material: Fire extinguisher mount made of premium aluminium alloy,instead of tear-apart-easily cloth,durable and sturdy,not rusting.
- Function: Quick release to easily get your fire extinguisher out when needed. One hand pull the knob out horizontally, the other hand pull the fire extinguisher vertically.Not only a fire extinguisher holder, but also works great as a bottle holder for water bottles.
- Fitment: For Wrangler JK JKU 2007 to 2018, JL JLU 2018, LJ 2004 to 2006, TJ 1996 to 2006, YJ 1987 to 1995.Also fit for UTVs such as for Honda, Yamaha, Polaris, Kawasaki, Can Am, Kymco, Arctic Cat and Bobcat.Various mounting options to fit almost vehicles.
- Installation: Easy to install, attach the fire extinguisher bracket to the roll rack by adjustable rings,no drilling.This Fire Extinguisher Mount Holder including 2 mounting clamps to secure the fire extinguisher(Adjustable Range: 78~101mm)and 2 for mounting on the roll bar(Adjustable Range:65~89mm).
- Package Includes: 1 x Fire Extinguisher Mount,4 X Adjustable Straps.
Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
What type of fire extinguisher do I need for a UTV?
Knowing the types of fire extinguishers available, and their capabilities is essential when protecting safety and avoiding damage.
Different types of fire extinguishers are rated for the specific types of fires they can combat. To help you make an informed choice, here is a guide to the four common types of fire extinguishers:
- Class A Extinguishers: Class A extinguishers are suitable for common combustibles such as wood, paper, cloth and some plastics. They are marked with a green triangle. Generally filled with water or foam, this type is most effective on small fires in early stages.
- Class B Extinguishers: Class B extinguishers are designed for use on fires involving flammable liquids such as gasoline, greases and oils. These may be marked with a red square or labelled “Flammable” on the fire extinguisher itself. Commonly filled with a dry chemical agent like monoammonium phosphate, they form a layer over combustible materials to smother flames.
- Class C Extinguishers: Suitable for electrical equipment such as wiring and appliances, these contain carbon dioxide (C02) as their cooling and smothering agent instead of water which could cause an electric shock hazard in certain situations. These have a blue circle label and must never be used around flammable gas since carbon dioxide can quickly disperse it into areas where ignition is possible.
- Class D Extinguisher: Class D contains metallic substances that smother combustible metals such as magnesium bits used in machining operations (or magnesium-based powders found on UTVs). The material inside this type will depend on the nature of metal being handled — usually copper-based powder but could also contain sodium chloride – so make sure you read labels carefully when using! This type has a yellow star label attached to it signifying its special design purpose for fighting metal-based fires only; other applies may cause explosions or further spreading flames.
What to consider in a SxS or UTV fire extinguisher
When it comes to choosing the right fire extinguisher for your off-road vehicle, there are a few factors you need to consider:
- First and foremost, you need to make sure it is suitable for the type of fuel your vehicle uses. Gasoline-powered vehicles require a Class B fire extinguisher, where diesel engines require an extinguisher with a Class C rating.
- Also, if possible, choose one that’s both EPA and UL approved.
- It is also important to be aware of the size of the unit and its total capacity so that it can handle any potential fire quickly and effectively.
- Also, make sure that the gauge easily visible and accessible in case it needs to be activated in the heat of battle.
- Finally, check whether or not you’ll need an extra mounting bracket in order to secure your fire extinguisher firmly on your UTV.
Benefits of Having a Fire Extinguisher on a Polaris RZR
Having a fire extinguisher on your UTV can easily save your vehicle, or even your life, from the potential dangers of a fire.
Fires can rapidly spread and become out of control and knowing you have the tools to put them out quickly will give you peace of mind.
Additionally, having a fire extinguisher available for use on your UTV may also be required by local regulations in some areas.
When selecting an appropriate fire extinguisher for an UTV, several key considerations should be taken into account: type, mounting location, capacity rating, rechargeability and compatibility.
There are two major types of fire extinguishers – water-based and chemical-based.
Water-based fire extinguishers are generally more cost effective than chemical agents but must be discharged within limited distances to be effective on most fires. They also must meet certain safety requirements based on the amount stored onboard.
Chemical based agents provide longer range but may not always work well on all types of fires; these agents should never be used when gasoline is involved due to their corrosive nature.
In terms of capacity rating for UTVs, look for a 10B:C or 10BC rated unit which will provide roughly 1-2 minutes of discharge time – enough to put out most small fires that may arise due to mechanical failure or other hazards encountered while off-road driving.
Additionally its important to ensure that the unit is compatible with any accessories you may have installed on your vehicle such as roll cages or winches as these can limit accessibility to certain mounting locations.
Finally consider whether you would like a disposable type unit or one capable of being recharged; although rechargeable units tend to cost more up front they will save money in the long run as you only need replace parts once used instead buying an entirely new unit each time it runs out.
Safety tips for using a the best fire extinguisher kit
Before you purchase a fire extinguisher for your UTV, it is important to consider all safety factors. To use your fire extinguisher correctly and safely, make sure you:
- Read the manufacturer’s instructions before using a fire extinguisher
- Wear protective gear like gloves, boots, and heavy clothing when using a fire extinguisher
- Be sure to keep enough distance between yourself and the fire – at least 8-10 feet if possible
- If a smoldering or burning object becomes airborne, do not attempt to grab or move it
- Understand that an UTV can catch on fire due to hot engine components or electrical problems; know the symptoms of these types of vehicle fires so you can act quickly
- Make sure you purchase the right type of extinguisher for your particular UTV – a dry chemical based extinguisher is most effective and will work on Class A (solids), Class B (liquids) and Class C (electrical) fires
- Familiarize yourself with how to use the various types of nozzles found on modern fire extinguishers: up-close point spray patterns or variable discharge angles such as stream or cone
- Check monthly that your chosen fire extinguisher is properly charged with pressurized gas
By thoroughly understanding these safety tips and taking adequate precautions, you can be sure that your UTV remains safe in case of an emergency.
Maintenance and storage of fire extinguishers
Correct maintenance and periodic inspecting of your fire extinguisher is critical to ensure the safety of your UTV in the event of a fire.
All fire extinguishers should be inspected at least once a year, and should be tested for functionality per manufacturer’s recommendations.
Accessible fire extinguishers also require checkups after any seismic events or impact reactions such as those from vehicles running over them. The USFA recommends monthly checks to ensure working parts such as pressure gauges and manual discharge levers work properly.
To maintain adequate pressure in your extinguisher, store it away from extreme temperatures, whether too high or too low, especially those found during summer or winter months.
Snowmobiles that utilize snow can kick up when in use may also subject fire extinguishers to moisture and water accumulation which can cause damage to internal seals and discharge mechanisms.
It’s important to always make sure the instruction manual recommends any specific storage temperature requirements before purchasing an extinguisher.
Fire extinguishers are available in a variety of sizes appropriate for different tasks so make sure you select an appropriate one that meets the needs of your UTV’s environment.
Ensuring proper maintenance will extend the life of your fire extinguisher well beyond its expiration date, providing protection for you, your passengers and surrounding areas by minimizing damage caused by fires during UTV operations.
The Best Fire Extinguisher for UTVs
When shopping for a fire extinguisher for your UTV, you want to make sure you choose the right one.
Depending on your UTV’s setup, you may need an in-cab extinguisher or one that can be mounted under the hood.
The larger the UTV, the larger the extinguisher should be – you want something with enough capacity to put out any potential fires.
In-cab fire extinguishers are ideal for smaller vehicles as they are easy to reach and don’t take up too much space.
If you have a bigger UTV or you need extra protection from hidden fires then an engine compartment-mounted fire extinguisher may be best for your situation.
When selecting any fire extinguisher, research is essential in understanding what type of fire it can tackle (i.e., A, B or C) and if it is approved by Underwriters Laboratories (UL). UL ratings provide assurance that your equipment meets safety standards and will perform correctly when needed.
Class A rated fire extinguishers are designed to fight combustible material fires like paper or wood while Class B rated fire extinguishers tackle flammable liquid fires such as gasoline or oil leaks.
For UTVs, look for an ABC rated dry chemical powder extinguisher with at least a 2A:10B:C rating that is lightweight and easy to use.
Dry chemical mounted systems are very reliable and will work great under most circumstances; however note that these systems typically require hardwiring so professional installation may be required.
If this is out of reach due to cost or availability, then look into compressed air foam systems which can be operated remotely via an onboard switch so they’re within easy reach of an operator while still being easily concealed out of sight under the hood near potential danger spots like fuel tanks and wiring harnesses.
Finally, ensure that whichever system you go with is UL listed for additional peace of mind!
Final thoughts about the best UTV quick release fire extinguisher
In conclusion, selecting an appropriate fire extinguisher for your UTV depends on the size of the vehicle and how frequently you use it in hazardous situations.
If you need a more powerful extinguisher for risky conditions such as off-roading, investing in a multi-purpose unit such as those from FireAde is highly recommended. On the other hand, those who aren’t looking for specialty purposes could opt for more basic models like an ABC dry chemical extinguisher which is more than capable of addressing most common fire hazards.
Whichever model you choose, make sure that you check it regularly according to manufacturer instructions and keep its grips clean from any residue to ensure maximum performance.