The best solar powered heat lamp for a chicken coop will keep your hens and roosters warm during the winter months. A good lamp may also keep the water from freezing.
Chickens do have feathers and can keep warm naturally with a good coop, adequate ventilation, and plenty of feed for energy. However, you may want to add a solar heat light to the henhouse for added warmth. Let’s look at a few lamps.
Best-selling solar heat lamps on Amazon
- 🌞 LED Outdoor lights & REMOTE CONTROL: Solar outdoor light,solar panel and light body are designed separately,ON/OFF switch,it's powered supplied by sunlight in the daytime with solar panel and stores for night,lighting with built-in lithium battery,high brightness 12 led,energy saving,freely adjust brightness and time, installation anywhere, and high safety. Charging in the daytime and turning on automatically in the dark.(Please turn the switch behind the solar panel to the ON position.)
- 🌞 CLASSIC INDUSTRIAL & MODERN STYLE: Solar lights is classic design with black retro metal shade,it casts a beautiful shadow on ceiling,lawn,hang on the branch,wooden stand,pole,eaves,sunshade,outdoor solar security lights also can be used indoors with 5 meters cable (from solar panel to the light), versatile and flexible to creates a pleasing ambiance.
- 🌞 ROTATABLE & LONG WORKING TIME: Outdoor lights solar powered solar panel can be adjusted to a variety of angle(270°）, which ensures that the panel can absorb enough light from sunrise to sunset, Battery will be fully charged within 7 hours under strong direct sunlight(≥35000LUX). The shed light maximum brightness of full power can last about 16 hours all night light.
- 🌞 LIGHTWEIGHT & DURABLE: solar panel 164*164mm;metal shade Φ150*45mm;only 450g,FET laminated polycrystalline silicon solar panel and 18650 lithium battery are adopted, and the product life is over 2 years.
- 📩 APPLICATION SCENE: IP65 water resistant, it's suitable for garden, yard, patio, balcony, landscape, home,kitchen island,hallway,dining room,bedroom,cafe,bar,club etc. LOZAYI offers 12 months services.If you have any question or suggestion is welcomed to contact us. We will response to you as soon as we can.
- 【Long Service Time】Once the solar pendant light is fully charged more than 8 Hours, the 3.7V 4400mAh rechargeable battery can provide this solar hanging shed light continuously lighting over 18 Hours. All the power from the 5.5V 640mAh solar panel which making a high-efficient use of the solar energy. Also our battery in the panel can be replaceable which make the lights can be used for several years!
- 【Remote Control & Dusk to Dawn】Our shed lights are controlled by a remote control, you only need to point the remote at the lamp head to operate. You can set the lamp dusk to dawn, then the hanging lamp will turn on at dusk and turn off at dawn automatically. When at daytime, it will charge automatically. It also has timer and bright adjustment functions which can provide more convenience for you.
- 【High Brightness & Brightness Adjustable】Our classic retro metal pendant lights are solar powered lights which help you to save more energy.The powerful LEDs which the brightness can equivalent to a 50W incandescent, and there are 3 brightness you can choose to control the light: 100%/75%/50%.
- 【Easy to Install & Widely Application Scenes】The shed Lights and solar panels are connected with waterproof connectors for easy removal and installation, it is very easy to install, the only thing you can do is fix the light and then mount the panel to the places where under the directly sunshine with screws.our solar led pendant lights have a good rust resistance and with IP65 water resistant, it's very suitable for outdoor and indoor use, such as garden, yard, patio, balcony, chicken coop.
- 【 What You Get】You can get:1*LED Hanging Lamp, 1*Solar panel with 5M Extension Cable, 1* Remote Control with battery, 1 set of Screws ,1*Mounting bracket , 2*Cable Tie and 1* Instruction Manual." SATISFACTIONS: Every item you purchase from Bemexred can enjoy a replacement or full refund within 12 months. If your product has a manufacturer defective. Just click GET HELP WITH ORDER under your order ID. Our customer service team would be happy to assist your issue.
- Low consumption,high brightness,stable performance,energy saving,environmental protection
- 2 ways of charge: with main AC power or put the solar panel towards the sun
- This 22 LED solar powered lamp is ideal for hiking, camping, or even just when your power is off.
- Powered by solar energy, ecological. It is recharged by solar panels under sunlight, automatic charging during the day
- Suitable for home emergency light, outdoor camping light, can be hung with hook
Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Guide to buying a solar powered heat lamp
When you decide to buy a heat lamp, it is important to know how to go about doing it. A solar-powered heat lamp primarily uses solar power, but it might have an alternative option, such as battery backup.
You need to determine how much heat is emitted from the lamp before making a final choice. You’re buying the heat lamp for a specific purpose, such as to keep young animals warm, to keep plants warm, and the like.
Therefore, you should ensure that the lamp you choose emits the right amount of heat. You can find up to 90 amp/hr, which is roughly about 1079 watts/hr. It is important to note that solar power is shown as amps per hour.
When focused on buying a solar-powered heat lamp, you’ll soon realize that there are many styles and options out there.
You can also find a variety of lighting options, such as halogen bulbs, carbon infrared lighting, and LED lights. Many times, you can find a long strip lamp that can be screwed into place with an ‘electrical’ style cord that runs to the solar panel strip, which is installed on the outside of the home or building.
You can also find stand-alone solar-power heat lamps. The top of the lamp gathers the solar power while the light is beneath and heats whatever is below it.
Other heating lamps look like spotlights and can be hung from the ceiling or a bar nearby. That way, you can direct the light and heat on a particular item. This works well if you have one or two baby chicks in a small space. They’re still free to move around and can walk out of the heat if needed, but they can walk back into it when they get cold.
You can also find motion-detected heat lamps that run on solar power. These can be helpful if you’re trying to keep animals warm; if they move out of the area of the light, the lamp goes off to preserve power and turns back on automatically if the animal comes back into the area, such as where the duck feeder is located.
However, motion-detection heat lamps may not be the most appropriate choice; many times, animals do not move at night because they are sleeping. Therefore, they might get too cold because the lamp switches off when it doesn’t detect movement.
Sometimes, solar powered heat lamps offer battery backup. The issue remains that when you have a heat lamp, it is likely to be needed throughout the day and night. If you have a sun-less day (whether it rains or not), the solar panel may not have collected enough power to run the lamp the entire night.
If you also have battery operation included, it will run on the battery when there hasn’t been enough sunlight.
Many times, solar powered heat lamps come with a remote control that allows you to turn it on by pressing a button. This is helpful if you don’t always want the lamp to be running or heating the area. If you want this feature, it is best to determine how far away you can be while still using the remote.
Many times, the remote system isn’t designed to be used more than a few yards away. Therefore, you might not be able to stand at your window and turn on the lamp in a barn or garage.
When choosing a heat lamp, it is important to determine where it will be used. If you plan to use it outside, you need one that is waterproof. If you plan to move it around depending on the season, you need something that is lightweight but durable and strong enough to stay upright in the spot you’ve chosen.