My dog needed a military style dog harness for hiking. I set out on a mission: Find the best German Shepherd vest for the money. I did have requirements for this tactical dog vest, including MOLLE webbing for adding storage and a handle.
OneTigris Tactical Dog Training Vest Harness with Mesh Padding and Two Handles
The OneTigris dog harness has MOLLE webbing, two handles, and two leash attachment points.
There are three buckles — two go around the dog’s abdomen and one around the chest to keep the harness on the animal. The contact points have not rubbed or chafed my dog.
This German Shepherd vest fit my pooch well. It was long enough to cover his back, and the straps had enough length to fit around his abdomen.
The MOLLE webbing is fantastic for adding patches and bags. I use two detachable bags, which connect to this military style dog harness via MOLLE webbing, high on the shoulders.
I like my German Shepherd dog carrying his own supplies in his tactical vest.
I put a collapsible water dish, poop bags, and a few first aid supplies in one bag. The other bag has my dog’s water.
Although this is a tactical dog harness with handles, I have only used the handles a handful of times. But, the handles have held up well for my use.
Looks: Your dog will look like a BOSS in this vest.
Top 3 Best German Shepherd Vests in 2022
- [DURABLE & COMFORTABLE] 1000D Nylon Fabric and sturdy stitching, heavy duty, waterproof and comfortable material, dries fast. Protect your dog in comfort while hiking, canoeing, camping, and training.
- [ADJUSTABLE & WELL FIT] Each strap is adjustable. Please adjust every strap until it is comfortably fitted with your dog. Then it can hold up a whole day even when you having one all day's fun.
- [MOLLE SYSTEM & 3 DETACHABLE POUCHES] It comes with 3 detachable pouches (1 Molle Waist Bag, 1 Molle Utility Pouch, 1 Molle First Aid Bag). Both sides of the vest are molle-type designed, so you can move the pouches around to balance out the weight. And also can put water bottles and other dog tactical gears.
- [PERSONALIZED HOOK & LOOP PANEL] There are hook & loop panels on top of the vest, you can add some personalized badges.
- [SATISFACTION GUARANTEE] Your satisfaction is our priority. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or problems about our products. Our Customer Service Team will always be there for you.
- ❤SIZE INFORMATION:Our Dog Molle Tactical Harness is made from Durable 1000D nylon with Padding for a comfortable fit.S: 14"- 20"(Neck); 20"- 27"(Chest); 9"(Back) M: 16"- 23"(Neck); 24"- 32"(Chest); 10"(Back) L: 18"-25"(Neck); 27"- 36"(Chest); 11"(Back) XL: 20"- 29"(Neck); 31"- 40"(Chest); 13"(Back)
- ❤EASY ADJUSTABLE:Adjustable Dog Harness with a Top handle for traffic control, 4 quick release buckles for easy on and off while providing extra security;and one leash attachment point at the front.
- ❤MILITARY STYLE:OneTigris large dog harness each side features two straps as well as hoop & loop strips panel to easily attach pouches or ID panels;Dog vest harness is not designed to bear heavy weights and we advise against relying solely on the grab handle to carry your dog.
- ❤HOOK&LOOP DESIGN: Full length 9" by 2" heavy duty loop panel at the top for ID badges and one 3.5" by 2" panel on the neck strap(Since the size is measured manually, there may be an error of 1 inch). Our easy walking harness is available in 4 colors & 2 sizes, ideal for any occasion from hiking to daily walks and training sessions.
- ❤QUALITY AFTER-SALE GUARANTEE: OneTigris large tactical dog harness have 1 year warranty. If you are not satisfied with dog vest harnesses, feel free to reach out and we will reply in 24 hours.
- [Size & Care instruction] 1:Please choose right size base on ICEFANG size chart , Medium(Neck:16"-22" ; Chest:25"-31" );Large(Neck:18"-24" ; Chest:28"-35");X-Large(Neck:20"-28" ; Chest:32"-39"); 2:This Harness is not to be used with a tie out;3:Burn and solidified the end of strap if necessary ,Make Sure the end of strap is not fraying; 4: Washing: Hand-wash with detergent, rinse with clean water, allow to air dry.
- [6X BUCKLE]: 2x Metal Buckle (1000 lb Proof-Load Test ) on Dog Shoulder Position which the most Load Bearing Point When Dog Pulling, Stitching by Bartack and X in Box Pattern on Each Joint and Heavy load Point;4x Plastic Buckle( 250lb proof-loading) on chest and belly position
- [2 LEASH CLIP]: 1x V-Ring Sewon the back ,one heavy duty V-Ring near dog's neck for short leash ,another one sewon the rear of harness for normal walking with long leash , 1x No pulling front Clip will redirect the dog forward motion and make dog's leg off the ground ,Allow you to Control the puller with few effort and training your dog to walk beside you
- [DOG IDENTIFIED]:Hook and Loop Panel Sewn onto Both side of harness(Medium::3"x 7.5"; Large/X-large :3"x 9") ;One loop panel Sewn Along the Back of harness with different wide in each size ( medium/Large:3" ;X-large:4"); One Square Loop Panel( Medium:2"x3";Large/X-large: 2"x4" )Sewn on The Front Chest ,You Can Attach Many Military Morale Badge Patch to Identify Your Dog
- [Molle /PALs ]:Two 1" Strips of Molle (Medium: 5 x Hook & 2 x Loop ;Large/X-Large:6 x Hook & 2 x Loop) Sewn Onto Both Side,Allow Your Dog to Carry Gear in Training / Daily Walking/Adventure Hiking, it Compatible with Molle /PALs Pouch,You Can Aslo Hook Dog Bowl,Water Bottle and Toy Through D shape Carabiner (No included)
Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Guide to buying a German Shepherd tactical vest
The word “tactical” is described as a carefully planned movement that allows one to gain control of the situation. For a good tactical dog vest, this could mean a few different things.
What value does a combat dog harness provide?
These vests are specifically designed to help the owner and dog in a variety of settings. Below are a few of the advantages that owners have with this aid.
• Protection: these vests cover a wider region of the dog, protecting them from thorns and prickles that can be present when in the outdoor elements.
• Control: with a harmful situation such as an oncoming attacker or tricky slope, using the handles to control one’s dog is beneficial.
• Utility: tactical dog vests have MOLLE webbing, which allows bags to be attached to the harness to hold small belongings.
Which dogs tend to use tactical vests?
With the word “tactical” in the title, it’s only natural for one to think that these military grade dog harnesses are used in serious jobs.
Canines of different occupations rely on these products for their safety.
• Service dogs: tactical vests are great for holding medical items or providing their handicapped owners with a handle to feel secure.
• K-9 Officers: dogs involved with search and rescue, police work and similar jobs depend on these vests for an added sense of protection and padding.
• Hunting companions: one benefit to using a vest such as this is the ability to camouflage one’s dog, making them preferred for hunters.
• Regular old Fido: any dog on the street can find a dog harness useful as they help defend a dog’s skin against pokey plants. They also have been used to add a small amount of weight for a walk with purpose.
Features of a good military-style dog harness
For a better fit and higher-quality tactical vest, it is important to consider a number of different factors that go into the product itself.
Below are a few of the most important features to contemplate before buying just any dog vest.
• Materials: a typically well-made tactical dog vest is made up of Nylon under the category of Cordura 1000D. Pay close attention to the stitching, fabric and foaming that may be present.
• Fit: in order to be comfortable, a dog must have the correct size depending on its weight. Some tactical vests have adjustable straps for customization. Carefully measuring the size of a dog is imperative.
• Durability: depending on where a dog will be using this vest, it is best to find a product that is both lightweight and long-lasting for a high-quality vest.
• Weight: Vests should not weigh the user down, meaning that one’s dog should be able to carry a tactical vest of the right size with lightweight materials
• Handle: though not generally the first thought an owner has, a tactical dog harness with a handle is beneficial in controlling one’s dog. Be sure to check the quality of the handle itself as they should not break easily.
• Additional Features: Tactical vests are named for their multiple uses. They generally include extra storage and attachments such as MOLLE webbing that allows a dog to carry its own supplies.