I have used snow-blowers and snow-plows over the last 15 years. I have found that the best small snow plow vehicle is one of three machines: A garden tractor, ATV, UTV. Each has their pros and cons. Here’s how I have made the decision on what makes a good little snow plow vehicle.
- Complete Plow-in-a-Box, minus Winch
- Stamped steel blade technology adjusts to either 48” or 60” width
- Robust square tube steel chassis with strategically placed reinforcements
- 5-position blade angle
- Requires winch (sold separately)
- Universal Rubber Blade Flap fits plow blades with widths 48"-72"
- Keeps snow from flying into your face
- 【WIDE APPLICATION】The ATV Snow Plow Kits fits most models of UTV, ATV, and golf carts, ATV athletes Honda Kawasaki Yamaha & Polaris off-road vehicles, etc. (Note:1. Not all mentioned cars can be installed , Please confirm before purchase 2. ATVS with skid plates that are welded on, may require drilling for installation 3.Our snow plow mounting base adopts multi-hole design, and there are more choices for U-shaped screw fixing position)
- 【DURABLE MATERIAL & CONSTRUCTION】The 45 Inch Snow Plow is made with durable, black powder-coated steel. Put it mounts to your ATV chassis to easily clear snow during winter months.
- 【EASY TO INSTALL】Quickly installed or removed from the mounting bracket via quick pins.
- 【ADJUSTABLE ANGLE】The 2mm adjustable straight blade is 48 inches long and can angle in both right and left directions. Adjustable tension safety trip springs protect vehicle from blade impacts and overloading and round, our atv plow push tube shot blasted before powder coating for best results, which makes it enough to achieve better farming control.
- 【PACKAGE INCLUDING】Includes plow blade, push tubes, wearbar, adjustable skid feet, installation hardware and instructions (Note: No winch is provided).If you have any questions, please comtact us, thank you.
- (PACK OF 2) -27" Reflective Snow Plow Guides
- Mounting Hardware Included
- 3" High Visibility Reflective Tape
- Flexible, Durable Construction
- WORKS WITH TRUCKS AND SUV: Designed for SUVs and light-duty trucks
- EASY TO USE: Easy to assemble with common hand tools, and the attached caster wheels make attaching & detaching a breeze
- HITCH MOUNT: 2-inch front receiver hitch mounting system
- WIRELESS CONTROLLER: Wireless controller to raise and lower blade
- VERSATILITY: Can be manually adjusted and locked into three different angling positions, and comes with snow deflector, skid shoes, & blade markers
Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Small snow pushing equipment
Older garden tractors with snow blades are my favorite. I have used a couple Cub Cadets and John Deeres. I like both, but I have gravitated to the JDs because they are local to me.
For instance, a 1970 John Deere 110/112/210/212/214/216 tractor with a 43 snow plow blade works really well.
The model series are similar — each has a different engine size. The 43 blade ranks as the best sidewalk snow removal machine in my opinion.
My plowing machines
I have two — one JD 112 with a Kohler 10HP and one JD 112 with a Harbor Freight Predator 13HP repower with a stage 3 kit. Of the two, the modified 112 works best. That the engine is freshest and more horsepower than stock.
I like the garden tractors because they are very inexpensive. I can buy a John Deere tractor or Cub Cadet tractor for a minimal amount of money.
The Kohlers have a lot of torque and power to push snow. The biggest limitation is tractor weight. They are heavy — 600ish lbs to start — but benefit from even more weight. AG tires and ballast will take them through a few feet of snow with ease. With ballast on the rear, in the tires, and driver weight; it’s possible to get close to 1,000 lbs, which makes the tractor an amazing small plow vehicle.
The older garden tractors make excellent machines because they are versatile. You can plow snow in the winter or mow the lawn in the summer.
One con with the Deere tractors I mentioned: They are gear drive transmissions, not hyrdrostatics.
I like the gear drive trannys but they are slower to maneuver than a hyrdro. It takes more time to push snow with a gear drive tractor.
Many modern sub-compact tractors are more reliable than my 50-year-old machine. I like my driveway and sidewalk plowing equipment because it is cheap and can be repaired easily.
Find a universal plow blade on Amazon
- [VERSATILE]: Ideal for quick snow pickups on mid-sized driveways and walkways
- [POWERFUL]: 15-amp electric motor moves up to 25 tons/hr. Of snow and clears a 22-in x 13-in path in a single pass
- [LED LIGHTS]: 2 x 1.5 W LED lights facilitate night-time snow removal
- [STEEL AUGER]: All-steel auger cuts 22 in. Wide by 13 in. Deep path with each pass
- [RECOMMEND]: We do recommend customers use a certain gauge and length extension cord. Do not use extension cord over 100 ft (30 m)
- [POWER SOURCE TYPE]: Battery Powered
- [48V POWER]: Included 2x 4.0-Ah batteries offer up to 40 minutes of rechargeable runtime
- [DURABLE]: 4-blade rubber-tipped steel auger clears a path 18” wide x 10” deep in a single pass
- [POWERFUL]: 1200 W brushless motor clears up to 14 tons of snow per charge
- [LED LIGHT]: 2W LED headlight lights up the night for safer nighttime clearing
- Peak Power technology combines the power of 2 EGO 56V ARC Lithium batteries
- Throws snow up to 40 ft.
- Steel auger cuts through ice & snow 50% faster
- High-efficiency brushless motor
- 21 in. clearing width
Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Who makes the best sub compact tractor for snow removal?
Modern tractor manufacturers have a lot of good sub compact tractors. If your budget allows, perhaps one of these snow pushing equipment machines would work for you:
Although there are other brands, these are the 10 sub compact snow pushers I’m know about.
ATV and UTVs for plowing deep snow
4×4 ATVs for plowing work well and can be fun. Quads are versatile farm machines but lack attachments and PTO drives. They can’t mow the lawn, till a garden.
With a small snow plow, a four wheeler can plow snow. Blades are generally under $500 brand new, much less if bought used.
The price of a 4×4 plow all terrain vehicle is a little more expensive than a garden tractor. It probably does not make sense to buy one for the task.
If you have a recreational ATV just sitting in the garage, it makes sense to make it work plowing snow, though. To me, that makes the best utv for snow plowing. Use the one you own.
Wear and tear is a concern, too. Snow plowing is hard on a vehicle. There is the constant forward and reversing motion, along with the stress of hitting things with the plow. This translates into shock into the your Honda ATV plowing snow or your side by side UTV.
Best snow plow for Honda Rancher 420
No products found.