I had a formal function not too long ago and needed a new belt. Although I have bought from the Tommy Hilfinger line in the past, I thought I would look into the best name brand belts from other manufacturers.
Companies in the list range from luxury designer belts such as Gucci to more budget-friendly belts. This should provide a starting point for your research.
- HIGH QUALITY CRAFTMANSHIP. Marino's genuine leather belts are highly constructed for a longer endurance and better upholding. HAND WASHABLE.
- VERSATILE. Ideal men accessory to wear as an everyday belt, goes great with uniform, jeans or formal wear.
- PRODUCT DIMENSIONS. Strap is 1 1/8" wide
- SINGLE PRONG BUCKLE. Are made with zinc alloy to create a substance with greater strength and resistance to corrosion.
- ORDER WITH GRACE. Marino's swift exchange policy enables you to purchase without hesitation! 100% satisfaction guaranteed, 30 days' free exchange and return policy.
- TRIM TO FIT - You can trim the strap length by yourself to fit your size if the belt strap is too long for you.
- NO MORE HOLES - Lavemi's Fashion Ratchet Belt provides 38 unique adjustments for a superb comfortable fit. Easy removable buckle allows you to cut the belt to your ideal size to give a primmer and custom tailored appearance!
- EASY USE - Just slide the belt into the buckle and pull the belt through, the buckle simply auto locks the belt, to release the belt, gently push the lever on the side of the buckle and lock will snap. Simple, smooth and sleek!
- MAXIMUM DURABILITY - Leather strap is a bit wider than 1 2/5" presenting the perfect look of a fine, genuine leather quality belt, complemented with an HIGHLY FASHIONABLE stylish, buckle that is elegantly designed with class. Scratch resistant buckles made to last.
- GIFT BOX - Make a big impression! Enclosed in a lovely, attractive gift box.
- Canvas Multicolored Braided Belts
- Medium fits waist 32 33 34 35 / Large fits waist 36 37 38 39 40 / XL fits waists 41 42 43 44 45; Belt Width: 1.3 inch
- Gloss Solid Metal buckle fastening / Polyester-blend soft stretchy belt
- 15 Colors Selection / Rich and Vibrant Fashion Colors to match with almost any outfit
- The images we provided are very close to the actual product. Colors of the actual product may vary when viewing from different devices, such as computer screens (resolution issues), cellphones, tablets, or many others. / Gelante is USPTO registered brand. Gelante products are solely sold by the seller: Gelante
- EASY TO FIT: our belts gives you a sophisticate look for everyday wear to work, special occasions, uniforms, casual, job, or business meetings. The basic belt, always in style, and definitely a must-have in every man's closet
- SIZE: 1 1/4" belt width; 2 1/4" x 1 3/4" zinc buckle.
- GIFT IDEA: great gift idea to surprise your husband, son, father, grandfather, boyfriend, or someone you love.
- ORDER WITH CONFIDENCE: KM Legend's exchange policy allows you to order without hesitation. 30 days' free exchange and return policy secures your 100% satisfaction.
- 100% leather belt, Nickel-free Alloy Buckle
- 1.25" wide belt, suitable for size 28-58 waist, plz buy one size larger than your waist
- Black and brown reversable belt, silver single prong buckle and plaque buckle, 6 styles for the buckle to choose,5 grommets in the belt, cuttable to size
- Rotated buckle making it easy to reverse the belt from black to coffee and vice versa
- Gift box presented, 12 months buy return or refund, quality garanteed
Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
59 belt brand names on the market
- Allen Edmonds
- Armani Collezioni
- Calvin Klein
- Club Room
- Cole Haan
- Dolce & Gabbana
- Geoffrey Beene
- Hugo Boss
- INC International Concepts
- Kenneth Cole
- Louis Vuitton
- Michael Kors
- Perry Ellis
- Polo Ralph Lauren
- rag & bone
- Ralph Lauren
- Ryan Seacrest Distinction
- Salvatore Ferragamo
- Stefano Ricci
- Steve Madden
- Style & Co.
- Tasso Elba
- The North Face
- Tommy Bahama
- Tommy Hilfiger
- True Religion
- U.S. Polo Assn.
- Ulla Popken
- Under Armour
- Vince Camuto
Note: The list is not comprehensive. There may be more manufacturers out there. These are ones I have found.
How to choose the right belt for the occasion
The most important guideline when choosing a belt for a particular occasion is to match your belt’s thickness with the formality of the function. Generally, belts thicker than 1.25 inches are considered casual belts and belts narrower than 1.25 inches are considered formal.
Thus, if you are attending a wedding and wearing a suit or a nice pair of chinos, a narrow belt from 1 to 1.25 inches wide is in order. If you are repairing your garage door or attending a barbecue in khakis or light blue jeans, a thick belt better suits the occasion.
Choosing the right color belt
An extremely basic rule of men’s fashion is that in any outfit, the color of the belt should match the color of the shoes. While there are notable exceptions to this rule (white shoes tend to go best with black belts), it is as close to a concrete mandate as exists in fashion.
Owning several different belts that match the colors of your various pairs of shoes will make following this rule much easier. If you have a limited budget, begin by purchasing a black belt and a brown belt — most men own black dress shoes or boots, and brown belts can easily be worn with sneakers or brown dress shoes.
Choosing the right belt material
This guideline is less essential than the first two, but matching your belt material to your shoe material can tie an outfit together very effectively. The majority of traditional belts are either made of canvas, leather, or suede leather. Canvas shoes like Vans call for a canvas belt, whereas leather loafers work best with a leather belt.
These categories of belt material are fairly broad, and adherence to subcategory choices can elevate the outfit to an even higher place. For example, shiny black dress shoes will look good with a dull black leather belt, but they’ll look great with a shiny leather belt.
An especially fancy occasion might call for a more expensive belt material. Most classic belt styles, including the three detailed above, are manufactured from treated calfskin. Belts made from ostrich skin, lizard skin, or even crocodile and alligator skin will cost significantly more to acquire, but their uniqueness is sure to make a lasting impression on coworkers and acquaintances.
Beyond casual and dress belts
Although most belts fall into the binary groupings of casual and dress, there are certain types of belts that do not fit neatly into these categories. Men with sophisticated wardrobes would be remiss to ignore these rarer but still stylish accessories.
Suede woven belts are certainly a niche accessory, but they work very well when matched with light semi-formal pants and boat shoes. Summer vacations, boating trips or golf outings are all perfect chances to break out this specific style of belt.
Most belts are solidly colored, but multi-colored belts should have a place in any closet. Casual multi-colored belts are extremely popular in Central and South America, and they are capable of injecting a spark of color into a collection of clothes that centers around black, grey and other muted shades. These belts are not appropriate for formal settings, but can be very effective as part of a casual ensemble.
Belts with oversized or personalized buckles are another interesting case — they are unsuitable for job interviews, weddings and funerals, but they are one of the most effective ways to convey your personality through an accessory. Buckles with designer logos on them are an excellent way to show brand loyalty, and novelty buckles are the best way to show that you love AC/DC!
Endless factors to consider
After mastering the basics of belt choice, a discerning fashionista or fashionisto still has several choices to make.
Buckles: Belt buckles are made in silver, gold, copper and even rope, and they can be painted several different colors.
Length: Even belt length can be used as a fashion statement: having extra length on the belt is popular in many casual vacation styles.
Cost: Whether you are buying one of the most expensive designer belts or a discount retail store special, cost does play an integral part.