My dog needed a military style dog harness for hiking. I set out on a mission: Find the best German Shepherd vest for the money. I did have requirements for this tactical dog vest, including MOLLE webbing for adding storage and a handle.
OneTigris Tactical Dog Training Vest Harness with Mesh Padding and Two Handles
The OneTigris dog harness has MOLLE webbing, two handles, and two leash attachment points.
There are three buckles — two go around the dog’s abdomen and one around the chest to keep the harness on the animal. The contact points have not rubbed or chafed my dog.
This German Shepherd vest fit my pooch well. It was long enough to cover his back, and the straps had enough length to fit around his abdomen.
The MOLLE webbing is fantastic for adding patches and bags. I use two detachable bags, which connect to this military style dog harness via MOLLE webbing, high on the shoulders.
I like my German Shepherd dog carrying his own supplies in his tactical vest.
I put a collapsible water dish, poop bags, and a few first aid supplies in one bag. The other bag has my dog’s water.
Although this is a tactical dog harness with handles, I have only used the handles a handful of times. But, the handles have held up well for my use.
Looks: Your dog will look like a BOSS in this vest.
- [2x METAL BUCKLE]: 2 x Metal Buckle (1000 lb Proof-Load Test ) on Dog Shoulder Position which the most Load Bearing Point When Dog Pulling, 2 x POM buckle (250 lb Proof-Load Test ) on belly Position;Sewing by Bartack and X in Box Pattern on Each Joint and Heavy load Point
- [CUSTOM- FIT]: No Rub As well as Escape-proof; Harness was designed by Putting 2 Individual Components Together ,Offer 4 Position Adjustable ( Shoulder ,Chest ) ,Free adjust Properly ;Make Sure This Harness is Fit Well to Your Dog.
- [NO PULL/SAFETY CONTROL]: Connect leash to No pull front clip,redirect the dog forward motion and make dog's leg off the ground ,Allow you to Control the puller with few effort and training your dog to walk beside you;Back Leash Clip for well-trained dog normal Walking;Durable Handle is Sewn Tough and Large Enough to Grab the Harness Quickly and Easily When Walking in Crowd ,Also Lift Your Dog When Getting in/out of the Car
- [HANDS FREE CARRYING ]:Two 1" Strips of Molle Sewn Onto Both Side,Allow Your Dog to Carry Gear in Training / Daily Walking/Adventure Hiking, it Compatible with Molle /PALs Pouch,You Can Aslo Hook Dog Bowl,Water Bottle and Toy by D shape Carabiner (No included)
- [DOG IDENTIFIED]:Three 1" Strips of Hook and Loop Panel Sewn onto Both in the Formation of MOLLE(size in Small :3"x4.5" ; Medium :3"x6" ;Large/X-large/XX-Large :3"x7.5" ); One Strip of loop panel Sewn Along the Back of harness with different wide in each size ( Small: 2" ; medium/Large:3" ;X-large/XXL:4");One Square Loop panel Sewn on The Front Chest (Size in small:2"x2" ; Medium/Large/X-large:2"x4" ; XX-Large:3"x4") ,You Can Attach Many Patch to Identify Your Dog
- 【Upgraded Version with Different Sizing | Please Reference to The Sizing Chart】Durable Material & Soft Padded: Made with our high quality 1000D nylon and well padded in all pressure areas for a comfortable fit
- Easy Adjustable Dog Harness: 4 quick release buckles for easy put on and off while providing extra security; With one top handle for your dog's lead & control and one V-ring on the front for dog leash attachment
- MOLLE System: Each side features two MOLLE straps as well as hoop & loop strips panel to easily attach molle pouches or ID panels
- Hook and Loop Panels for Attach Morale Patch: One full length strip of 9"long 2" wide heavy duty loop panel on the top for ID badges; One 3.5"long 2" wide loop panel on the neck strap
- Available in 4 colors & 3 size; Measure around your dog's chest to get the right fit (Measurement chart reference to the picture)
- LARGE DOG MOLLE VEST Neck Girth: 24.8" - 34.6" (63 - 88cm), Chest Girth: 31.5" - 41.3" (80 - 105cm), Back Length: 11.4" (29cm). Ideal for Large Breeds such as German Shepherd, Belgian Malinois, Golden Retriever, Huskie, Labrador, Akita, etc. A professional working dog vest for service, police or military dogs, but also good for hunting and all outdoor companion dogs
- MILITARY-STANDARD MATERIAL Heavy duty vest made of 1050D Nylon with sturdy stitching for extra durability and wearability, suitable for all field use. Two METAL Shoulder Buckles can bear great pulling force, ensuring your dog is safely harnessed during training, hunting, working, and any other occasions. Well padded in every pressure load point to protect your dog's skin, while the breathable air mesh keeps your dog ventilated and comfortable
- PRACTICAL DESIGN FOR VERSATILE USE MOLLE system equipped on both sides for pouches, water bottles, and dog tactical gears. Multiple Hook & Loop Panels for morale patches and badges to showcase your dog's personality. A wide range of use for personal service, law enforcement, hunting, or outdoor recreation
- MAXIMUM CONTROL & SECURITY Dog safety harness features 2 Metal Leash Attachment Points for safer dog walks - One Front Clip for No-Pull control or dog training, and one Back Clip for casual walking or jogging. Reinforced top handle for additional control and easy lifting aid in both general and treacherous situations
- EASY USE WITH FULL ADJUSTMENT Put on and take off this easy dog harness with 4 quick-release buckles with no hassle. 5 fully adjustable straps (2 Shoulder, 2 Chest, 1 Belly) allow a snug fit with maximum mobility. SATISFACTION WARRANTY against any quality issues - Feel free to contact us if you have any questions; we are always here to help 🙂
Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Guide to buying a German Shepherd tactical vest
The word “tactical” is described as a carefully planned movement that allows one to gain control of the situation. For a good tactical dog vest, this could mean a few different things.
What value does a combat dog harness provide?
These vests are specifically designed to help the owner and dog in a variety of settings. Below are a few of the advantages that owners have with this aid.
• Protection: these vests cover a wider region of the dog, protecting them from thorns and prickles that can be present when in the outdoor elements.
• Control: with a harmful situation such as an oncoming attacker or tricky slope, using the handles to control one’s dog is beneficial.
• Utility: tactical dog vests have MOLLE webbing, which allows bags to be attached to the harness to hold small belongings.
Which dogs tend to use tactical vests?
With the word “tactical” in the title, it’s only natural for one to think that these military grade dog harnesses are used in serious jobs.
Canines of different occupations rely on these products for their safety.
• Service dogs: tactical vests are great for holding medical items or providing their handicapped owners with a handle to feel secure.
• K-9 Officers: dogs involved with search and rescue, police work and similar jobs depend on these vests for an added sense of protection and padding.
• Hunting companions: one benefit to using a vest such as this is the ability to camouflage one’s dog, making them preferred for hunters.
• Regular old Fido: any dog on the street can find a dog harness useful as they help defend a dog’s skin against pokey plants. They also have been used to add a small amount of weight for a walk with purpose.
Features of a good military-style dog harness
For a better fit and higher-quality tactical vest, it is important to consider a number of different factors that go into the product itself.
Below are a few of the most important features to contemplate before buying just any dog vest.
• Materials: a typically well-made tactical dog vest is made up of Nylon under the category of Cordura 1000D. Pay close attention to the stitching, fabric and foaming that may be present.
• Fit: in order to be comfortable, a dog must have the correct size depending on its weight. Some tactical vests have adjustable straps for customization. Carefully measuring the size of a dog is imperative.
• Durability: depending on where a dog will be using this vest, it is best to find a product that is both lightweight and long-lasting for a high-quality vest.
• Weight: Vests should not weigh the user down, meaning that one’s dog should be able to carry a tactical vest of the right size with lightweight materials
• Handle: though not generally the first thought an owner has, a tactical dog harness with a handle is beneficial in controlling one’s dog. Be sure to check the quality of the handle itself as they should not break easily.
• Additional Features: Tactical vests are named for their multiple uses. They generally include extra storage and attachments such as MOLLE webbing that allows a dog to carry its own supplies.