Do you have a new German Shepherd puppy? Perhaps you have a K9 working dog or an IPO schutzhund sport dog? Maybe you have a couch potato pooch.
Here are 19 German Shepherd accessories to get started and make training easier — whether you are a new GSD owner or looking for a gift for that experienced owner.
- Materials: 300gsm recyclable, quality, smooth card stock
- Size: Each German Shepherd pennant measures about 5.5 x 8.6 inches. Not too large nor too small
- Occasion: Birthday party, wall / nursery / room / backdrop / dessert table decorating, photo prop
- Unprecedented Price - Garland features 7 German Shepherd faces with different facial expressions. 100% brand new. You will never find another dog garland at such a good price on this planet
- Please note: This is NOT a pre stung item, you need to spend 1 - 2 minutes to string the garland together.
- A cute Canine collection of unisex crew socks by Foozys, that come in a variety of large and medium dog breed theme prints. A must-have to add to your socks collection, if you are a dog-lover.
- Unbeatable Value - Two pairs of crew socks are included for the price of one. One for you to wear and one to wash. Each design comes in two different color variations.
- Superior Quality, Comfort & Fit - Fits shoe sizes 4 -10, suitable for all ages. Soft, lightweight and stretchy, they will slip on your feet like a dream and feel comfortable all day long. Material: 78% Polyester, 20% Nylon, 2% Spandex.
- Durable & Long Lasting - All Foozys socks are made to last. They are not thin or flimsy and will not rip like other novelty socks. Perfect as casual and as dress socks. They make a great gift for family, friends or anyone you love.
- 100% Satisfaction Guarantee - Everyone will be asking you where you got your Foozys. Your satisfaction is guaranteed. If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will refund your money.
- Primitives by Kathy decorative mini box sign
- Sign measures 2.5 x 6-inches; designed to freely stand on its own or hang on a wall
- Reads: All You Need Is Love And A German Shepherd
- Frame has sanding on surfaces, with rounded edges and corners for a distressed look
- Look to Primitives by Kathy for inspirational, fun, sarcastic, and heart-warming gifts and home decor
- Your German Shepherd Puppy Month by Month provides readers with everything they need to know and do at each stage of development to make sure their playful, energetic puppy grows into a happy, healthy, and well-adjusted companion.
- Height: 9.00 in. Width: 6.00 in.
- Manufactured by: DK Publishing
- Seller SKU: 201700008497
- Your German Shepherd Puppy Book
- PREMIUN MATERIAL: High quality and durable cotton linen blend material. 1 Pillow cover only, insert is not included.
- SUITABLE SIZE: 18"×18"(45cm*45cm); 1-2cm deviations are allowed due to hand-cutting and sewing.
- ELEGANT DESIGN: Our sofa pillow case is 1 side print, bright in color, not easy to fade, and has a good decorative effect.Also the hidden zipper is easier for insertion removal and washing.
- VARIOUS USAGE: Used as sofa, chair or car seat cushion, pillow, bolster for any body part; decorative for room, bar or coffee house; a perfect Christmas gift!
- If there is any question, please be free to contact us!
- For Large dogs with long hair: designed especially for dogs that weigh more than 50 pounds.
- Removes loose hair: reaches through the topcoat to remove loose undercoat hair without cutting skin or damaging the topcoat (when used as directed).
- FURejector button: just push the button to release hair with ease.
- Ergonomic handle: for comfortable, easy grooming.
- Guaranteed: guaranteed to work or your money back - see product label for details.
- Measures 12" long
- Poly bean filling is double bagged for safety
- Soft plush is great for cuddling
- Aurora World, Inc.
- Royal Canin German Shepherd Adult dry dog food is designed to meet the nutritional needs of purebred German Shepherds 15 months and older
- Exclusive kibble shape designed specifically for a German Shepherd's long, strong muzzle to encourage chewing
- Aids digestive health with highly digestible proteins and specific fibers to promote optimal stool quality
- Supports healthy skin and coat with EPA and DHA from fish oil and reinforces the skin barrier with essential nutrients
- Maintains bone & joint health with glucosamine and chondroitin to support large, strong bodies
- Ultra-soft, warm and cozy throws are exceptionally durable.
- Printed with bright vibrant colors. Perfect for home, at a game or on a picnic
- Size: 50" x 60".
- Officially Licensed Dean Russo artwork
- 100% polyester, machine washable
Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
First things first
Preparation is key if just brought a GSD puppy home. You may be asking yourself: What supplies do you need for a German Shepherd? What kind of toys do German Shepherds like? What is the best collar for a German Shepherd? What are good gifts for German Shepherd lovers?
We’ll look at the basic supplies for your pup first. After the basics, we’ll move toward the novelty items for those super special GSD dog parents.
German Shepherd equipment
Kennel (if you are crate training)
A kennel or a puppy play pen like this one is a godsend in the early months of a puppy’s life.
When a 14-week-old puppy gets too tired, that over tired puppy will be into everything.
A safe-place like a crate is the perfect solution. Crate training can also help train a puppy not to potty in his/her sleeping area.
A puppy playpen is another great solution.
When I don’t have time for the puppy, I put them in a puppy playpen, which is moved to the room I am in.
They are near me but can’t get into trouble.
I like having a couple different length leashes. I have a standard 6′ leash, which I use around the house.
I also have a 15′ and 50′ long line. The longer lines I like for teaching recall and giving the dog freedom to roam without fear of me losing the puppy.
My puppies always use inexpensive leashes until I trust they won’t chew them. When I trust them, I use a nice leather leash.
I like thick leather collars. They are strong and easy to grab hold of if necessary.
I also use remote collars, dominate dog collars, and prong collars for older dogs depending on their needs.
Dog food is a controversial subject. Everybody has an opinion. I have toggled between Castor & Pollux Pristine and the Fromm 4 Star line.
My favorite (and my dog’s favorite) ball is the Chuckit! Ultra ball, which is rubber. It is easy to clean and doesn’t have the sandpaper feel that a dirty tennis ball does.
The ball is bouncy, bright, and has some heft to it, which makes it travel fairly far.
Molle dog harness or vest
Collars are great for being able to control a dog’s head. But a vest may be more comfortable for a dog, especially if going for a hike.
A dog molle vest with storage provides a way for the dog to bring his/her own water, bowl, and poop bags.
A tug toy is a great accessory for a German Shepherd. I have good luck with RedLine K9 Bite Suit Tug Toy.
I have two. I rotate between them. Why? Because I use the toy everyday, it gets slobbery, so I put it in the washing machine.
Novelty German Shepherd gifts
We have looked at the basic German Shepherd accessories, but lets get to the novelty items. These are the ones that make good German Shepherd gifts for GSD owners.
Shot glass or wine glass
If your GSD is a little aloof and doesn’t like to cuddle, this fleece blanket will comfort you. The blanket is very vibrant and looks pretty.
The perfect German Shepherd gift is a coffee mug. This mug is dishwasher and microwave safe, with a really cool graphic and saying on it.
No list of German Shepherd accessories would be complete without a stuffed toy. Enter SARGE the German Shepherd Dog TY Beanie Baby. Whether you pet and cuddle this plush toy or not, you or your dog are sure to find joy in this little guy.
German Shepherd sticker
A GSD sticker is the perfect addition to the exterior of your vehicle to let the world know you are a GSD parent.
German Shepherd warning sign
This German Shepherd warning sign looks fantastic. It is 7 inches by 10 inches and made of .040 aluminum, with pre-drilled mounting holes.
I’ve worn out numerous pairs of socks walking my dog. A pair of GSD socks like these should be a welcome addition to any owner’s sock drawer.
I hope this list of the best German Shepherd accessories has been helpful.