Do you have a new German Shepherd puppy? Perhaps you have a K9 working dog or an IPO schutzhund sport dog? Maybe you have a couch potato pooch.
Here are 19 German Shepherd accessories to get started and make training easier — whether you are a new GSD owner or looking for a gift for that experienced owner.
- Primitives by Kathy decorative mini box sign
- Sign measures 2.5 x 6-inches; designed to freely stand on its own or hang on a wall
- Reads: All You Need Is Love And A German Shepherd
- Frame has sanding on surfaces, with rounded edges and corners for a distressed look
- Look to Primitives by Kathy for inspirational, fun, sarcastic, and heart-warming gifts and home decor
- German Shepherd, German Shepherd lovers, German Shepherd shirt, Animal, Pet, Dog, International Dog Day, Dog paw, Rescue dog, Dog lover, Dog owner, Dog mom, Dog shirt, Christmas
- A Great Dog Lover T-Shirt idea for Owners of German Shepherds. Awesome Gift for Pet Lovers, Animal Lovers, Rescue Pets Owners.
- Lightweight, Classic fit, Double-needle sleeve and bottom hem
- For Large dogs with long hair: designed especially for dogs that weigh more than 50 pounds.
- Removes loose hair: reaches through the topcoat to remove loose undercoat hair without cutting skin or damaging the topcoat (when used as directed).
- FURejector button: just push the button to release hair with ease.
- Ergonomic handle: for comfortable, easy grooming.
- Guaranteed: guaranteed to work or your money back - see product label for details.
- memory foam footbed
- Flexible sole
- Slate - Bestie Bae
- Measures 12" long
- Poly bean filling is double bagged for safety
- Soft plush is great for cuddling
- Aurora World, Inc.
- German Shepherd Shirt, German Shepherd American Flag Shirt, German Shepherd T Shirt, American Flag Shirt, Distressed German Shepherd American Flag Shirt USA Patriotic Dog Gift
- German Shepherd Shirts For Women, German Shepherd Shirts For Men, USA Flag T Shirt, Tshirts Make Great Gifts For Dog Lovers And This Tee Would Be Perfect For Christmas, American Flag Day, Memorial Day, 4th Of July, Veterans Day
- Lightweight, Classic fit, Double-needle sleeve and bottom hem
- DOG CHRISTMAS ORNAMENTS - Say happy holidays from your pet German Shepherd, Santa's North Pole service dog, with a holiday dog ornament for the family Christmas tree
- MAN'S BEST FRIEND - Honor your best friend and loyal German Shepherd with our pedigree Christmas tree ornaments that add a treasured memory to your holiday decorations
- HIGH-QUALITY HOLIDAY ORNAMENTS - Hand-cast by Santa 's elves using real crushed stone bonded with durable designer resin, our dog Christmas ornaments are topped with dog treats, a Santa hat and red winter scarf to be festive holiday decorations
- DESIGN TOSCANO HOLIDAY ESSENTIALS - Exclusive to the Design Toscano brand, these cute holiday pedigree dog ornaments make perfect Christmas tree ornaments or gifts for your holiday home
- Our perfectly sized xmas ornaments measure 2½"Wx1½"Dx3½"H. ½ lb. and make magical North Pole gifts for dogs and dog lovers.
- Ultra-soft, warm and cozy throws are exceptionally durable.
- Printed with bright vibrant colors. Perfect for home, at a game or on a picnic
- Size: 50" x 60".
- Officially Licensed Dean Russo artwork
- 100% polyester, machine washable
- Main Material:Stainless Steel;Main Color:Dull Silver Tone;
- Approx:3cm x2.3cm(1 1/8" x 7/8");hole size:2.1mm( 1/8");thickness:1.4mm;
- Comes with keychain.
- Wonderful gifts, keep memories of your loved ones near to your heart.
- Love this necklace - show how much your best friend means to you!
- Choose your STARTING LETTER and DOG NAME from the options ABOVE ^^^
- Red or White All Purpose 12.75oz Libbey Wine Glass
- The Perfect Gift for Dog Lovers
- 100% Dishwasher Safe
- Satisfaction Guaranteed!
Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
First things first
Preparation is key if just brought a GSD puppy home. You may be asking yourself: What supplies do you need for a German Shepherd? What kind of toys do German Shepherds like? What is the best collar for a German Shepherd? What are good gifts for German Shepherd lovers?
We’ll look at the basic supplies for your pup first. After the basics, we’ll move toward the novelty items for those super special GSD dog parents.
German Shepherd equipment
Kennel (if you are crate training)
A kennel or a puppy play pen like this one is a godsend in the early months of a puppy’s life.
When a 14-week-old puppy gets too tired, that over tired puppy will be into everything.
A safe-place like a crate is the perfect solution. Crate training can also help train a puppy not to potty in his/her sleeping area.
A puppy playpen is another great solution.
When I don’t have time for the puppy, I put them in a puppy playpen, which is moved to the room I am in.
They are near me but can’t get into trouble.
I like having a couple different length leashes. I have a standard 6′ leash, which I use around the house.
I also have a 15′ and 50′ long line. The longer lines I like for teaching recall and giving the dog freedom to roam without fear of me losing the puppy.
My puppies always use inexpensive leashes until I trust they won’t chew them. When I trust them, I use a nice leather leash.
I like thick leather collars. They are strong and easy to grab hold of if necessary.
I also use remote collars, dominate dog collars, and prong collars for older dogs depending on their needs.
Dog food is a controversial subject. Everybody has an opinion. I have toggled between Castor & Pollux Pristine and the Fromm 4 Star line.
My favorite (and my dog’s favorite) ball is the Chuckit! Ultra ball, which is rubber. It is easy to clean and doesn’t have the sandpaper feel that a dirty tennis ball does.
The ball is bouncy, bright, and has some heft to it, which makes it travel fairly far.
Molle dog harness or vest
Collars are great for being able to control a dog’s head. But a vest may be more comfortable for a dog, especially if going for a hike.
A dog molle vest with storage provides a way for the dog to bring his/her own water, bowl, and poop bags.
A tug toy is a great accessory for a German Shepherd. I have good luck with RedLine K9 Bite Suit Tug Toy.
I have two. I rotate between them. Why? Because I use the toy everyday, it gets slobbery, so I put it in the washing machine.
Novelty German Shepherd gifts
We have looked at the basic German Shepherd accessories, but lets get to the novelty items. These are the ones that make good German Shepherd gifts for GSD owners.
Shot glass or wine glass
If your GSD is a little aloof and doesn’t like to cuddle, this fleece blanket will comfort you. The blanket is very vibrant and looks pretty.
The perfect German Shepherd gift is a coffee mug. This mug is dishwasher and microwave safe, with a really cool graphic and saying on it.
No list of German Shepherd accessories would be complete without a stuffed toy. Enter SARGE the German Shepherd Dog TY Beanie Baby. Whether you pet and cuddle this plush toy or not, you or your dog are sure to find joy in this little guy.
German Shepherd sticker
A GSD sticker is the perfect addition to the exterior of your vehicle to let the world know you are a GSD parent.
German Shepherd warning sign
This German Shepherd warning sign looks fantastic. It is 7 inches by 10 inches and made of .040 aluminum, with pre-drilled mounting holes.
I’ve worn out numerous pairs of socks walking my dog. A pair of GSD socks like these should be a welcome addition to any owner’s sock drawer.
I hope this list of the best German Shepherd accessories has been helpful.