Mosins Nagants are plentiful on the market, and people are always searching for add-ons.
Most hunters would want to upgrade their Nagants for enhanced shooting accuracy. One way of doing this is to get the best scope for a Mosin-Nagant.
- Reliable And Durable
- Multi Coated Lenses
- 3 Post Reticle Design
- 3.5x Magnification
- AIM SPORTS Mosin Nagant Long Eye Relief 2-7x32 duplex reticle rifle scope and new generation weaver style Mosin Nagant scope mount for M44 M91 30 . Comes with a pair of rings and see through scope lens cover.
- Milled from one solid piece of aircraft grade aluminum body to withstand constant heavy recoil Fog proof and shock-resistant housing
- Nitrogen charged with weather resistant seals Blue fused multi-coated lens provides superior light transmission, resolution and scratch resistance Windage and elevation adjustment
- 8.5 - 10.5 Inch eye relief provides safety from heavy recoil and enables fast target acquisition Weaver / Picatinny 1913 ring mounts included
- SCOPE Length: 10.5" Weight: 9 oz ; MOUNT Length: 6" Weight: 2.3 oz.
- This set includes Scope, Leather lens covers, Drill, Tap, Screw.
- Copied exactly from a genuine WWII Russian Mosin Nagant 91/30 scope
- High Quality Reproduction with new design of optics system that has wide angle and long eye relief.
- New design of side focus for long distance. Diopter ring for users with different visions.
- Nitrogen purged scope body, completely sealed with o-ring, rendering scope Waterproof, and fog proof
- Magnification: 6-24x
- Objective Diameter: 50mm
- Field Of View: 28 ft @ 100 yards
- Click Value: 1/8 inch @ 100 yards
- Illuminated Type of the rifle scope: Red and Green
- Emerald Lens Coatings; TS Platform with Shockproof, Fogproof and Rainproof; Practical TactEdge Angled Integral Sunshade
- Provides Up To 11'' Eye Relief for Shooters to Effectively Use on Any Firearm Where the Optics Cannot be Mounted Directly Above the Action
- Six Mil-dot Etched Glass Reticle; Patented Reticle Illumination with Dual-Color Mode and 36-Color Mode to Accommodate All Weather/Light Conditions
- Zero Locking and Zero Resetting Target Turrets with Precise 1/4 MOA per Click W/E Adjustment; Parallax Adjustable from 10 Yds. to Infinity
- Complete with Twist Lock Medium Profile Picatinny/Weaver Rings and High Quality Flip-open Lens Caps
- Rifle scope advantage：High grade fully coated optical lens, Dry nitrogen filled with waterproof,shock proof,fog proof. Magnification：4x-16x suit for any W/ 22mm Rail Mount Picatinny Rail,Made of Aluminium with High grade fully coated optical lens,1200G shockproof and 100% waterproof & fogproof test would keeps the scope more solid makes you can shoot more,1/4" Fingertip Resettable Windage & Elevation adjustments provide a wide range adjustment.
- The scope is Red and green Multi-X reticles with 5 levels；Exit Pupil：3.3mm-10mm；Field of View：10' ~ 27' @ 100yards；Eye Relief：3" ~ 3.4"；Windage & Elevation Click Value：1/4' @ 100 yards;With 50mm Beautiful Flower Object Lens makes your scope become unique in Amazon.High grade fully coated optical lens, High quality matte black finish,Dry nitrogen filled with makes 100% waterproof,shock proof,fog proof.
- Fast Focus Eyepiece with 1/4" Fingertip Resettable Windage & Elevation Adjustments.Red laser Reaching Distance about 100-200m，Detachable Green laser sight with independent switch,Best Choice for Shooting-With Long Eye Relief:66.8-99.06mm，Field of View:13.41-40.38 @100yards,Exit Pupil:3.3mm-10mm.Wide Magnification 4X-16X provide you a big view at 200-1000YARDS.5 Levels Red and Green Illuminated adjustment brings a better view in dark environment.
- Three Parts with More Functions-Plus With Electric control red dot sight and green laser is good for quick acquisition of close quarter and fast moving targets.The distance is about 200-500m for the laser,When you are aiming at 300m that would save more time.The other side of this scope you can easily install the other equipment such as flashlight,which helps you more in dark hunting environment.
- Integrated rails offers ample space for accessories,Best Customer Service for Everyone.
- Martin Pegler
- Osprey Publishing
- Kindle Edition
- Edition no. 1 (03/21/2019)
- BUCK HILL QUARTET, Scope
- Audio CD
Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Russia first introduced the rifle sometime in 1891, and was greatly enhanced in 1930 (hence, 91/30).
In no time, it became the Russian soldiers’ go-to sniper rifle, which reputedly helped win the Battle of Stalingrad during the Second World War.
After WW2, though, production of these Mosins were phased-out making way for more technologically advanced rifles to proliferate.
Still, a good number of these Mosins remain available in the market.
The rifle’s downside, however, is that it does not have the reputation for outstanding accuracy.
So if you have the monster sleeping somewhere in your armory, we’re going to help you improve that Mosin Nagant’s accuracy.
Mosin Nagants, are not only notoriously loud, rough and ugly, they’re also some of the most challenging rifles to scope or mount a scope on.
That’s not surprising considering that Mosins were designed when riflescopes were not yet in vogue, especially not for frontline combatants.
Modification will be necessary and even expensive. You don’t want your Russian old-timer and a high-end scope lying around unused because they can’t be attached effectively.
So before you go investing heavily on a scope, consider first how you will have it mounted on the Mosin.
Consider a scout scope
There are a variety of scopes marketed for the Mosin Nagant rifle.
The scout scope, however, has been found to be the easiest to use because it can be mounted over the chamber and it has long eye relief.
You’ll want to find one of the best long eye relief scopes for Mosin Nagant rifles because of its kick.
When shopping for a scout scope, look for one that includes a scout scope mount.
If your budget’s tight, you’ll want a base (along with the scout scope package) that can be mounted over the rifle’s chamber. Otherwise, it’ll cost you a gunsmith’s expertise to do the works.
Another thing is to rummage around for an illuminated scope that’s in the mold of the true concept of a scout rifle.
It should have low magnification levels and varying magnification ranges that can take mid- and long-range shots accurately; preferably one that uses a duplex reticle with crosshair patterns and an extended eye relief.
For crystal-clear light transmission, you’ll want at least a 30mm objective lens and scope rings for more reliability and quick target-acquisition inside of 300 meters.
The Mosin-Nagant has one of the loudest shots and the harshest recoils among rifles.
Scopes of lesser makes are mincemeat for these rifles. Obviously, you’ll need a tough and durable scope that’s preferably constructed with solid single-piece tube – the less moving parts, the less points of damage.
It would be well if it were shockproof, water-resistant, and fog-proof to withstand the harshest of elements. And its lenses are fully multi-coated for crystal-clear light transmission.
Authentic military scopes designed for Mosins
Sniper versions of the Mosin Nagant are sometimes sold, and they come with pre-installed scope.
These are the easiest way to acquire scoped Mosins, albeit they can be expensive.
Scope and scope mount often marketed as “authentic” WW II scopes are actually replicas.
There are very few authentic military scopes for sniper versions of Mosin Nagants that exist today, but even those scopes don’t offer the accuracy enhancement that the Mosin needs.
These scopes come either as the top-mounted PE scope or side-mounted PU scope, with magnifications of 4x and 3.5x, respectively.
For the vintage value that they add to your collection, they’d do great. For hunting purposes, though, level up to modern scout scopes.
How Can I Improve Mosin Nagant Accuracy?
The Mosin Nagant 91/30 was Russia’s former leading infantry rifle during the past two world wars.
It is big and sturdy, heavy and loud, and it packs a wallop — a beast of a gun that certainly won’t bag any beauty crown. But it has character.
I wondered how to improve Mosin Nagant accuracy. This article is a summary of information and researched compiled from gun forums about how to upgrade a Nagant to make it more accurate.
Three main ways are below:
- Reduce the trigger’s weight
- Add optics
- Free-float the barrel
Modify the trigger
The Mosin’s trigger is usually heavy, and the heavier the trigger, the more is accuracy diminished.
It also has a long and cranky pull and the trigger return spring may be considered ineffectual after such long abuse.
You can replace the trigger with a match-grade one from Timney Triggers or at Huber Concepts for a ball-bearing trigger modification.
While at it, you may also have your spring upgraded for less than $10.
Mount a scout scope
Buying a scope for a Mosin is one thing; mounting is another. And no one says it’s easy.
You’ll need the expertise of a gunsmith to drill and tap the receiver.
This also entails buying a bent bolt to clear the eyepiece of the scope – a scheme which can cost you over $200 and bleed your pockets dry.
Modifying a rifle more than twice the price you bought it for sounds insanely impractical.
Instead, you can buy and mount a scout scope with a long eye relief without need for the bent bolt, and for less than a hundred bucks!
Look for stores and dealers of scout scope mounts for the Mosin Nagant 91/30.
Most mounts that don’t require gun-smithing will be rather flimsy, so carefully choose those sturdily made.
Free-floating the barrel
For enhanced accuracy, the rule of thumb should be that the barrel should not, in any way, touch the stock.
To do this without cutting out much of the stock’s forefront, you need to sand a fine layer from the inside channel of the bottom part, detach the hand guard and insert a piece of corkboard between the tip of the stock and the barrel.
To ensure the barrel does not come in contact with the stock, do a test by inserting a paper or dollar bill between the stock and barrel to the fore of the corkboard shim and slip it in the direction of the receiver.
If there’s no contact, the paper or bill should slide without a hitch.
There is a dynamic after-sales market out there for Mosin Nagant rifles.
This is simply because many are like you who’ve opted for this big and loud beast of a gun, not to mention that the price is quite cheap for such a big guy.
Avoid unnecessary trappings, such as bolting muzzle brakes to the rifle. They are useless on the Mosin’s recoil and gases.
Those three areas mentioned should be your first concerns to increase Mosin Nagant accuracy.