Building your kids’ playset or a new bench to sit outside and enjoy your backyard can be made easier with the best radial arm saw.
Brands like Craftsman, Delta, Ryobi, Dewalt, Rigid, Milwaukee, and Makita offer durable and varying saw sizes, along with enough horsepower to cut through even the toughest types of stock.
Choosing a radial arm saw for your garage workshop, or even work space depends on the action it will see.
Best-selling chop saws on Amazon
- Powerful 15 amp, 3, 800 RPM motor delivers extended power and durability
- Exclusive back fence design cuts up to 2x16 dimensional lumber at 90 degree and 2x12 at 45 degree
- Super efficient dust collection system captures over 75 percent of dust generated
- Backed by DEWALT'S 3 year limited warranty
- Maximum Cutting Thickness:6.75 inch
- POWER AND DURABILITY: 15 amp, 4,000 rpm motor
- MITER DETENT PLATE IMPROVES PRODUCTIVITY AND ENSURES CUTTING ACCURACY: Adjustable stainless steel miter detent plate with 14 positive stops
- MITER DENTENT OVERRIDE that allows you to override the miter stops and adjust to the desired setting without the saw slipping into the miter detents. Arbor Size is 5/8 inches
- TALL SLIDING FENCES that support crown molding up to 5 1/4 Inch nested and base molding up to 6 1/2 Inch vertically against the fence while easily sliding out of the way for bevel cuts
- CROSS CUT CAPACITY up to 2x8 Inch dimensional lumber at 90° and a 2x6 Inch dimensional lumber at 45°
- Powerful Motor & Laser Guide - 15 Amp motor delivers 3800rpm per minute for efficient cuts and extended durability. Integrated laser controlled by single switch, marking the cutting line, supporting for sawing long work pieces. Sliding cutting design for added cutting width.
- Double Bevel Cutting - Double bevel cutting design allows you to adjust the head to left 45°and right 45°to meet different requirements of cutting job. Cutting capacity: (90°x90°-105x335mm)/(90°x45°-105x235mm)/(90°x45°L-60x335mm)/(90°x45°R-35x335mm)/(45°x45°L-60x235mm)/(45°x45°R-35x235mm).
- Efficient Dust Collection System - Efficient dust collection bag captures over 70% of dust generated. 35mm dust port allows you to connect your vacuum cleaner for ideal 100% dust collection to maintain a clean environment.
- 40 T Blade & Extensible Table - 305mm 40tooth TCT blade for smoother wood, plastic tube, soft metal cuts. Comes with allen wrenches for easy blade change. Large working table for better material support, vice clamping system to secure work piece for safer cutting operation.
- Included in Delivery - TACKLIFE PMS03A Miter saw, 40 Tooth TCT Blade, 1 Set Carbon Brush, 2 Extension Rods, Allen Wrenches, Dust Bag, 1 Set Clamping System, User Manual, 24 Months Card. Email: email@example.com
Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Buyers guide for radial arm chop saws
Buying a radial arm saw is a big investment, and you’ll want it to last. Your available work space might play a part as much as what you will be cutting with it. Quality is a big issue when you are talking about spending hard earned dollars, possibly a couple thousand in one shot, depending on what you need and want.
When looking into purchasing a radial arm saw a few things need to be taken into consideration.
These saws are rated by available power in horses, and blade size. What you choose will be decided by what job it is for.
How big the blade is depends on the size of the saw and how much power it packs. Sizes range from 10”, 12”, to a whopping 14” for heavy duty work.
The price and size of the blade are proportional, so you’ll be paying a pretty penny for a 14” radial saw versus a 10” saw.
If your saw will see very tough stock, or regular tough use, then you’d definitely wanna go with a more powerful model.
If you are doing a remodeling job at home and the saw may not see much use after the project is done, save some money and get a smaller saw.
Most saws have a horsepower range from 1.5 to 3, with a typical 10” being 1.5 to 2, and a 12” being around 3 to 4 hp.
Most have a laser to point the exact point the saw will cut.
For the very serious wood worker, there is a step up from contractor grade tools.
These are not portable, not even close to cheap, and by far the most accurate, precision built machines. Some prices can top $10,000, depending on what you are looking at.
These kinds of saws are built for production work, like cabinet making or furniture. They are designed to last for decades, and maintain the accuracy they started with. If you are looking for that kind of saw, you have options.
The wider the cut you need to make will help determine the size of the saw you need to get. If you are cutting standard lumber for framing and trim, a 10 inch model should work just fine.
If you will be cutting pressure treated lumber all day or big pieces of hardwood, the 10 inch option probably isn’t going to work long for you. You are probably looking for the 12 inch 4 to 4 1/2 hp model. It would last longer and do a better job.
The radial arm saw is a great asset to anyone in woodworking. It is tough, versatile, and precise. It can be used for rips and miters if nothing else is available. It can also make beveled cuts, cut dados, and make moldings.
Another added bonus to the radial arm saw is its ease of use. Many times, it is easier for one person to move the saw through the material than it is to move the material through the saw, like trying to rip cut plywood on a table saw.